Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a R&D Engineer Disposables and Accessories, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The R&D Engineer will support the design and development of Disposables and Accessories for the robotic surgical application. This engineer will work closely with engineers from other teams to design and develop disposables and accessories that meets clinical, user, and safety requirements.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Design and create prototypes of different types of disposables/accessories using internal or external prototyping capabilities.
• Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, process and manufacturing oversight internally and also with our external contract manufacturers.
• Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes; releasing design documentation through an ECO process.
• Establish individual goals consistent with overall project goals.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently and within a team.
• Other related duties may be assigned
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline is required
- 1 year or more experience inclusive of Intern or co-op experience is required
- Experience and proficiency using CAD to design and document parts and assemblies is required and SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Experience with Product Development Management and/or Agile EC a plus.
- Familiarity with making drawings, applicable drawing standards, and GD&T is preferred.
- Hands-on skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of component manufacturing processes (such as molding, rapid prototyping, etc.) is preferred
- Understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)