Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK)
Requisition ID: 9317190312
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Scientist – Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), located in South San Francisco, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including infectious disease, immunology, neuroscience, oncology and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
The successful candidate will work closely with Discovery teams to provide timely and seamless delivery of quality data to guide drug candidate selection. The responsibilities will include setting up in vitro ADME strategies to identify and address DMPK liabilities, development and execution of Tier 2 and mechanistic ADME assays (e.g. reaction phenotyping, enzyme kinetics, inhibition and induction experiments, plasma and tissue protein binding) to support discovery and preclinical development portfolio. Additionally, he/she will oversee outsourcing of Tier 1 ADME assays, conduct research to identify new predictive techniques and assays and mentor junior laboratory staff. The candidate will collaborate with counterparts at other Janssen sites to ensure global implementation of best practices and to maintain a high level of productivity.
- A completed PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience, OR a completed MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Strong understanding of DMPK principles and prior experience in supporting drug discovery, with broad hands-on experience in techniques for in vitro ADME profiling of small molecules, ADME assay automation and LC-MS quantitation are required.
- Hands-on experience with large molecules will be a plus.
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills.
- This position is located in South San Francisco, CA and may require approximately 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)