Johnson & Johnson Careers
MEDICAL INFORMATION MANAGER
Requisition ID: 9313190312
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for an Manager, Medical Information, to be located in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
· Manages the creation, review, maintenance/updates/retire of standard and custom response letters, global core response documents and FAQs
· Ensures that clinical information provided is accurate, fair-balanced, based on current medical literature, and provided to requestors within set timeframes
· Performs literature searches; and in-depth research, analysis and interpretation of medical data as a response to medical information requests from Eye care professionals (ECP)
· Creates performance reports, metrics, system reports surrounding Medical inquiries
· Collaborates closely with Subject matter experts (SME), Medical Directors and MSLs in support of business responsibilities
· Creates and develop reports and summaries generated from major ophthalmology conferences
· Provides project support/ vendor management: submission of statement of work (SOW), invoices, purchase requisitions, etc. for third party vendors and contractors liaising with the Medical Information group
· Coordinates support activities related to Advisory Boards owned and managed by Global Medical Affairs
· Develops regulatory compliant processes, including SOP, work instructions and other documents as needed and provide medical inquiry process training to internal stakeholders as needed
· Attends external medical conferences and staff Medical Information booth as needed and creates conference summary reports from major Ophthalmology conferences
· Manages Medical Information system platforms and continuously assess for potential improvement and possible non-compliance as it relates to constant regulatory changes.
· Stays up-to-date with current regulations and strategies pertaining to Medical Information and Communication
· Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field is required.
· Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is preferred.
· Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
· Minimum 8 years of business experience (at least 2 years in a biotech/pharmaceutical/ medical device company)
· Experience in Medical Information/Communication is required (at least 1 year)
· Experience in Managing people effectively (at least 1 year)
· Experience in the Ophthalmology/Ophthalmic space is preferred
· Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to critically analyze scientific literature to develop materials for communication
· Strong teamwork and interaction skills to be able to interface effectively with internal and external partners including vendors
· Exceptional organizational/project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once with a sense of ownership to drive to completion
· Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
· Excellent digital proficiencies and experience in innovating medical information initiatives
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)