Johnson & Johnson Careers
Finish Operator I (3rd Shift)
Requisition ID: 9293180810
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Operator 1 – Assembly/Packaging, Machined Products Value Stream for our 3rd shift with the hours of 10:00PM to 6:00AM located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by Orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- The Assembly/Packaging Operator will be responsible for using equipment to package finished products according to established specifications.
- Perform operations as described by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Work closely with other manufacturing support areas to coordinate activities.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order. Maintain individual training records.
- Clean and sterilize equipment. Follow safety procedures and practices.
- Maintain a clean orderly work environment (6s).
- Communicate problems to supervisor, technician or engineer.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation.
- Operate machinery and test equipment.
- Interact with computer controlled equipment and processes.
- Conduct quality inspection of work in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Assist in maintaining supplies needed for production area.
- Write/revise process documentation as needed.
- Assist in tracking inventory and samples. Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to perform and record measurements using dial indicators, depth micrometers, verniers and gauges is required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- Work experience in shipping preferred.
- Basic computer skills required, including Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively (read, write and speak) in English is required.
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 80% of the time is required.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time throughout work shift.
- The ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis.
- This position requires daily commute to Raynham, MA for the 3rd shift (10:00PM to 6:00AM) position and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)