Johnson & Johnson Careers
Tech III, Injection Molding
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 9285180809
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Tech III, Injection Molding to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Tech III, Injection Molding will:
- Provide technical and process support for injection molding.
- Run plastic jobs, train and develop others in process improvements, while reducing process variability and addressing IMM equipment reliability issues.
- Utilize Process Excellence tools.
- Maintain current knowledge and adhere to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications.
- Monitor IMM equipment and process status for new products and new installations.
- Review and update electro/mechanical drawings, operating manuals and procedures, maintenance and calibration procedures, and training manuals as required by the scope of projects that are assigned.
- Investigate alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability.
- Assist in the design of experiments, under operational and developmental conditions, to increase yields and improve IMM machine reliability, repeatability and standardization.
- Stay vigilant for shop safety, environmental safety, ergonomics and hazardous energy control.
- Provide technical training and certification for IMM Technicians on the operation and troubleshooting of the IMM machinery and process.
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 2 years of college in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas:
Process improvement, IMM knowledge, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, IMM equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller
- Experience working in a technical or vocational industry is required.
- Competent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)