Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Immunology
Requisition ID: 9280190708
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist in Discovery Immunology located in La Jolla, CA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Associate Scientist will be a member of the Immunology Discovery group in a fast paced, highly matrixed and interactive environment. We focused on discovering novel therapeutics to treat inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Responsibilities include:
Janssen is inviting you to join our La Jolla-based team and be part of a broader group including members in the Spring House, PA and La Jolla, CA campus focusing on adaptive immune mechanisms and pathways. You should have a BS with 4-5 years or a MS with 2~3 years of industry experience and have worked on assay development to support high-throughput screening or compound characterization. You will have direct responsibilities to independently design and execute experiments, analyze and accurate record data in compliance with data integrity requirements, present the findings to peer scientists and draft technical sections of regulatory documents.
- BS degree or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, Immune-oncology or related discipline is required.
BS with 4-5 years or a MS with 2~3 years of industry experience and have worked on assay development to support high-through put screening or compound characterization is required
- Experience in assay development and assay optimization supporting large molecule or small molecule discovery in a pharmaceutical setting is preferred.
- Strong experience in developing biochemical assays (binding, enzyme activities and signaling) or cellular assays (isolation of primary cells, cell culture, activation, proliferation, differentiation and cellular interactions) is required.
- Technical proficiency in ELISA, multiplex assays (Luminex or MSD), Western blot and qPCR/RT-PCR is required.
- Excellent social skills and strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues is required.
- Experience with multi-parameter Flow cytometry analysis of immune cells is preferred.
- Experience with molecular mechanisms downstream of immune receptors and cellular mechanism of adaptive immune system is preferred.
- Position may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-California-La Jolla-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)