Johnson & Johnson Careers
Machining Team Lead (3rd Shift)
Requisition ID: 9275180417
- Coordinate and lead day-to-day activities on the machine shop floor with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with the Supervisor on all production and operator issues
- Collaborate with all support functions and peers for short-term prioritization and deployment of resources
- Candidate will be responsible for strategic machine planning/optimization and prioritizing daily production schedules in addition to coordinating the delivery and availability of materials
- Record, track, monitor, and report daily and weekly production status vs. goal
- Lead daily direction setting meetings with your associates and adjust working schedule as needs change
- Coordinate training of new Operators and cross training of existing associates to ensure customer delivery and foster growth and agility
- Support the resolution of NC's, Product Complaints and Audits
- Reconcile production paper work, provide process & product support
- Review and provide a feedback loop to enhance and improve current procedures
- Provide new product implementation support
- Responsible for driving some process improvement activities, providing process updates and escalating issues to the support staff and area Supervisors
- Participate in LEAN process improvement activities
- Ensure operators meet production efficiency/output expectations
- Assure adherence to all safety requirements
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum 6 years of experience in Production, Operations, Manufacturing and/or related discipline is required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a skilled wage workforce is preferred.
- The ability to set up, operate and troubleshoot various types of machining equipment is required.
- Experience with Mazak, Mori-Seiki, Makino, CMM, and Citizens Lathe machining/measurement equipment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to interpret and follow detailed process specifications and blueprints is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment is required.
- The ability to read and write English is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work with all Operators and Production Support Associates is required.
- The ability to continuously monitor and meet quality standards while complying with company policies and regulations is required.
- Ability to work well independently and on small or large teams is required.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office suite required.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time is required.
- The ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis is required.
- This position requires daily commute to Raynham, MA for the 3rd shift (10:00pm – 6:00am) position and may require additional overtime, including Weekends and Holidays as needed.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)