Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics
Requisition ID: 9273180810
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain is recruiting for a Data Scientist, for its Supply Chain Analytics team. This position may be located in Bridgewater, NJ; Somerville, NJ; or other Central NJ locations. Consideration will be given to remote US candidates if near a J&J office.
Johnson & Johnson – one of the 2 AAA rated companies, and the Top 5 companies by market cap - is transforming around Technology & Analytics to enable J&J to innovate faster and to compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics, is part of the transformation within J&J Supply Chain Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and provide insights throughout the supply chain through using predictive analytics and machine learning (image analysis for device prediction, demand forecasting, condition based product and asset monitoring) and optimization (supply chain design optimization). This individual will be responsible for developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization. This individual will also Partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision making.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Understanding the business opportunities within and beyond individual franchises to enable profitable growth.
• Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact.
• Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way.
• Being a change agent- continuing to be on the leading edge of the analytical capabilities outside of J&J – building capability within the organization.
• Provide though leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
Candidates should possess:
• Advanced analytical skills to master complex optimization techniques.
• Strong business acumen to understand functional domains within sales and marketing, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience in Machine Learning algorithms using open source scripting language across different machine learning platforms.
• Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business.
• Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to stakeholders.
• Strong focus on B2C customer analytics, including customer satisfaction, opportunity analysis, customer journey to drive individualized customer engagement and outstanding outcomes.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States, North America-United States-New Jersey
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)