Johnson & Johnson Careers
DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE DEVT & CONNECTIVITY
Requisition ID: 9272180810
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record as a global market leader of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature sterilization to high-level disinfection.
Advanced Sterilization Products is seeking a Director of Software and Connectivity to work in Irvine, CA.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The Director of Software and Connectivity:
- Leads internal and external teams in the development of software for capital and connected systems used in medical device reprocessing
- Together with ASP leadership, identifies opportunities for innovation in connected systems and data analytics. Develops team, resources, and infrastructure to execute against those opportunities
- Partners with quality and compliance teams to implement and optimize appropriate design control procedures for software and connected systems
- Works with field leadership to develop education programs for both field staff and customers/key opinion leaders
- Develops and maintains working relationships with partner companies in the development of IT infrastructure and solutions for instrument reprocessing
- Drives the implementation and coordination of informatics and engineering automation in research and development work such as design, build and test cycle
- Oversees the creation of fundamental hardware and software capabilities in research and development equipment and processes, enabling seamless integration into Information technology systems and infrastructure
- Explores and develops solutions for embedding informatics into products, and research and development equipment
- Works with development teams to define system architectures and specifications
- Must possess a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline required. A Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software development, capital equipment or electrical systems preferred
- Experience working in a FDA compliant with a focus on cyber security and trend analytics preferred
- Leadership experience with collaborating, networking and influencing in a matrix organization
- Experience in leading and developing direct reports required preferred
- Good understanding of business value and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required
- Ability communicate and partner with various functions and level of leadership.
- Previous experience successfully executing strategic and long-range business plans is required
- Experience in leading performance of off-shore and on-shore development teams is required. Ability to create collaboration across time-zone and regions
- Project Management experience is required including the ability to plan cross functional projects and the ability to control, execute, risk mitigate and communicate project status
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong breath of experience with various IT technology platforms and tools is required
- This position will may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)