Biosense Webster, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting a Regional Field Market Development Manager headquartered in Irvine, California, but field-based in the Great Lakes sales region. This sales region includes Omaha, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas City.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Regional Field Market Development Manager is a field-based marketing role at Biosense Webster with both sales and marketing responsibilities. The position reports to the Area Market Development Manager and is part of the commercial marketing organization. All activities are aligned with the field sales organization to ensure maximum effectiveness. The Regional Field Market Development Manager will oversee and utilize resources with business partners including, but not limited to, Customer Engagement and Education (CEE), Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) and Strategic Customer Group (SCG).
- Increase overall awareness of the AF disease state among all stakeholders by engagement with hospital administrators, physicians, and patients to raise awareness of AF treatment options. Educate physicians and AHPs on ablation procedure, benefits, and outcomes.
- Classify HCP clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care. Determine where gaps in operational efficiency and patient care exist and identify and present appropriate market development tools that align.
- Understand key referral networks for ablation therapy - from Electrophysiologists to Cardiologists, Primary Care Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians and other relevant stakeholders engaged in treating AFib patients.
- Understand hospital market dynamics and deploy market development tools that are aligned with their needs.
- Develop and implement an efficient territory business plan. Execute a compliant, tailored strategy by applying business analytics, marketplace, and disease state knowledge. Identity focus accounts based on unmet patient need and align with Area MDM to execute plans that will allow us to reach more patients.
- Identify and collaborate with internal and external partners who may impact healthcare decision-making at the local level. This includes: healthcare providers, physician networks, local hospitals, pharmacies, and large local employer groups. Demonstrate strong knowledge of therapeutic conditions treatment options, healthcare and patient practices, and emerging trends.
- Work with MDM team and FSO in targeted regions based on unmet patient need to achieve market development objectives.
- Organize and complete all corporate and administrative responsibilities with high levels of efficiency, including Healthcare Compliance training, expense reports and other assignments by established deadlines.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 plus years in sales and/or clinical experience in cardiovascular and/or electrophysiology therapeutic area(s)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships with a consultative approach
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining strategic relationships across an organization
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency
- A valid driver's license, with the ability to travel as needed (including overnights and/or weekends). Residence within, or willingness to relocate to the geography. 60-80% travel
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. Periodically, sit at a desk for up to two (2) hours, climb stairs, walk quickly from place to place between business interactions, and travel by car or airplane independently
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in selling, with documented sales results in business-to-business or to licensed medical professionals of pharmaceutical, device, or medical products
North America-United States-Iowa, North America-United States-Nebraska, North America-United States-South Dakota, North America-United States-Kansas-Kansas City
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)