Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. EHSS Specialist - Industrial Hygiene & Safety
Requisition ID: 9265180810
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Senior EHSS Specialist will be the Technical expert for EHSS programs that support execution of the J&J EHSS Policy requirements and that drives continuous improvement. Under the direction of the EHSS Sr. Manager, this individual will support all aspects of EHSS programs at the Johnson & Johnson Vision Care site in Jacksonville, FL.
The Senior EHSS Specialist responsibilities include:
- Manage site industrial hygiene program: Recognizes and evaluates employee exposures to various agents including chemical and physical hazards. Performs basic characterization, qualitative risk assessment and quantitative risk assessment. Maintains employee exposure records. Provides employee notification of Industrial Hygiene (IH) sampling results. Integrates J&J risk-based exposure assessment process (RBEAP) into site industrial hygiene program, including sample planning. Maintains appropriate IH equipment and media. Maintains air sampling equipment. Makes recommendations to site management for exposure controls.
- Assess compliance, identifies, investigates and communicates non-compliances and tracks actions to address to closure.
- Evaluate, plan and implement Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability programs.
- Manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHSS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures/strategies. Document results accordingly and present to appropriate site personnel and management.
- Provides focused technical expertise to promote EHSS by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as industrial hygiene and ergonomics.
- Reviews and recommends content of health and safety policies and programs. Manages hearing conservation, respiratory protection program, confined space program and global harmonization system including SDS processes.
- Develops, implements and maintains an internal audit process for the site.
- Facilitates compliance audits, assists management in conducting risk assessments, and participates on health and safety teams.
- Conducts hazard assessments, determines root causes, and recommends solutions to identified hazards, designs and implements solutions.
- Reviews/Monitor new and existing regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson worldwide environmental health and safety standards, policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps and/or continuous improvement.
- Participates as a lead health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHSS training and awareness programs. Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training. Partner with Global Health Services Professionals to ensure coverage and alignment of related programs.
- Support and facilitate site EHSS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHSS program.
- Perform routine EHSS assessments and utilize the Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHSS Standards and audits to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures.
- Support incident investigations for all reported injuries and near misses.
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
- Provide content, establish training programs, assist in coordination and serve as an active member on the site(s) Emergency Response Team and Plan.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) is required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene is required.
- EHSS auditing experience is preferred.
- Experience in Environmental management and/or Ergonomics is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to hearing conservation, global harmonization system, confined space and respiratory protection is required.
- Demonstrated project management skills are required.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations is required.
- Knowledge of EHSS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 is preferred.
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing is required.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but the ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- J&J Worldwide EHSS data reporting and tracking systems is preferred.
This position will be located Jacksonville, FL. This position could have up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
BE VITAL in your career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is
career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
Environmental Health & Safety