Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris is seeking for an experienced Sr Hardware Test Engineer to join dynamic, diverse and fast-growing team. The Sr. Hardware Test Engineer is a key member of a cross-functional team responsible for the development, transfer, and support of manufacturing processes for capital equipment and accessories. The test hardware engineer activities include DFT, test plans, methods to validate new products, prototype, pilot and production test suites for robotic components, Test Instructions, troubleshooting, training and ECO management. The test hardware engineer will also provide product electrical failure analysis support to in-house and contract manufacturer suppliers.
- Design and prepare test plans (DfT) and test cases to validate new products and improve existing products.
- Define electrical test requirements for alpha, beta and production of medical robotic systems
- Develop manual and automated test suites for alpha, beta and production testing.
- Develop new test procedures and enhance existing ones to ensure products’ reliability and usability.
- Analyze products to identify manufacturing defect and resolve hardware issues in coordination with design engineers.
- Provide training to factory workers on testing and debugging products.
- Troubleshoot and failure analysis of electrical test equipment and products through electrical schematics and testing.
- Support component end of life, sourcing and validation activities for existing products.
- Must be able to interact with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers.
- Write and/or approve Engineering Change Orders/Requests.
- Must be able to produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electromechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering experience required.
- Working knowledge in C++, Python or any other object-oriented Programming language required.
- Experience with GitHub branching repository preferred.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, logic analyzers, etc.) highly preferred.
- General familiarity with power semiconductors, dc motors, drives, relays, ac/dc converters, basic control theory and digital implementation of controls highly preferred.
- Experience with electrical test automation, test contact reliability, PLC and other automation control technologies highly preferred.
- Experience with Altium, OrCAD, PCAD or Viewlogic EDA software tools preferred.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA/CLPD design tools preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks without close supervision.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and manage on-time delivery.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Exposure to best practices, i.e. lean manufacturing, continuous improvement is a plus.
- This position will be located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)