Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Systems Test Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Senior Systems Test Engineer will support the development of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical system. The primary focus of this position is being responsible for testing and characterizing the system for its functionality, performance, and reliability during formal verification activities including test development, execution, and report generation. The senior test engineer will be expected to lead test strategy planning and mentoring junior engineers. The senior system test engineer will collaborate closely with robotic/mechatronic, software, and mechanical engineers to develop these tests. The candidate will also cross-functionally collaborate in root-cause analysis of design, manufacturing and software flaws.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop test methods to perform system level verification and validation of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Plan and author test protocols, prepare test specific fixtures - including both hardware and software fixtures/tools, and execute system level hardware and software testing.
- Write requirements for test fixtures and tool validation. Perform and document tool validation
- Aid manufacturing by transferring system test fixtures and methods
- Work cross-functionally to provide hands-on system troubleshooting and debugging
- Utilize sound engineering methods and documentation processes to perform design reviews and failure mode analyses
- Must be able to produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel
- Coach and mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Bachelor of Science Degree in robotics, mechatronics, electrical, mechanical, computer science, or equivalent areas is required
- 7+ years working experience in industry or in a research environment on complex electro-mechanical systems is required
- Medical device experience is a plus
- Experience in developing test methods, techniques, plans, requirements, procedures, and reports is required
- Experience with automated testing and test script development is required
- Skilled in Python and/or C++, MATLAB or other data analysis package is required
- Experience in SolildWorks, prototyping, tooling/fixture development and troubleshooting is preferred
- Able to read schematics and perform moderate electrical circuit troubleshooting.
- Project management skills and experience with PM tools like Jira, Confluence, MS project, etc.
- Experience working within a team environment and ability to take the lead role in test system ownership, development, deployment and support.
- Understanding of system lifecycle phases and design control processes is preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)