Group Manager, Biomechanics
Your job alert was successfully created.
DePuy Synthes, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is current recruiting a Group Manager, Biomechanics Testing & FEA in their Warsaw, IN location.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
Join the team that will deliver a digital revolution in Orthopedics!
Our goal is to `Keep People Moving`, and together we will impact the lives of millions of people that rely on us to restore the joy of motion.
You will be part of a global family that are driven to innovate, and committed in their pursuit of excellence. No challenge is too daunting as you lead a team of engineers and scientists to deliver outstanding research and testing services. At your disposal will be some of the most advanced equipment and facilities available anywhere, along with unrivalled access to a network of capabilities and expertise from across Johnson & Johnson.
Key to our success will be your ability to collaborate, influence, shape and flawlessly execute both novel, and industry standard testing, to tight deadlines.
You, the Group Manager, Biomechanics, will be responsible for:
1. Input in development, post-approval and Life cycle management
2. Staying abreast of advances in relevant medical and scientific knowledge
3. Connect, influence and shape industry testing standards
4. Plan and manage laboratory and people resources for optimal efficiency and effectiveness
5. Support the creation and publication of scientific literature
6. Collaborate closely with laboratory leaders to identify and implement best practices and efficiency improvements
7. Develop talent to excel as individuals and fuel the succession pipeline
8. Evolve testing capabilities to keep pace with emerging technology and quality systems requirements
9. Develop and execute an investigational research strategy that derives insights and opportunities that fuel and differentiate NPD, and assures robust high quality products that exceed expectations
10. Assure operation of laboratory facilities maintains the highest level of Health, Safety and Environmental practices
11. Generate and protect intellectual property
12. Drive growth through effective support for product registrations
13. Positively support and facilitate diversity and social responsibility in the workplace. Actively challenge and eliminate prejudice and bias.
14. Cultivate industry links and associations that supplement internal capabilities and provide flexibility to respond to business needs
15. Generate product performance insights that support key marketing claims
• A Bachelor of Science in engineering with a preference for a Master’s Degree.
• A minimum of 8 years of related work experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position, ideally at a senior level, is an asset
• Experience in medical device industry is an asset
• Candidates must have experience in medical engineering test environment, or similar precision, regulated, safety critical engineering field
• This position will be located in Warsaw, IN
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)