Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 9226190704
Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) in Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist in Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular/metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this laboratory-based technical position within the Exploratory Biology – T Cell Biology and Immune Modulation group, you will join a group of researchers to conduct in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies and multi-specific large molecules therapeutics. We are responsible for discovering, characterizing and analyzing lead molecules for biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J. We discover and characterize mechanisms of action (MOA) for immunomodulatory and immune cell redirecting biologic therapeutics.
Roles within the group focus on two areas around biologics discovery as it relates to Immunobiology. The early phase concentrates on identifying, developing, optimizing and implementing novel immune cell functional assays using cutting-edge techniques to screen for potential biologic therapies. In the later phase, the group is responsible applying MOA functional studies for aiding in differentiating and profiling leads by exploring variations on existing or novel assays to enable IND progression.
This position offers you an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs.
The Associate Scientist, Exploratory Biology will:
- Design and execute non-routine experiments with supervision
- Analyze and interpret experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc. with some supervision
- Generating and maintaining experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner
- Demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research and non-clinical functions.
- Present scientific findings in small groups and project teams
- This role be 100% lab based
- Bachelors degree OR a Masters Degree in Biology, Cell Biology or a related discipline with 2 years or more experience with in vitro cell biology techniques (in an academic or industry setting) is required
- Experience in cell culture and routine maintenance of cell lines is required and essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in assay development of methods (ie. primary cell isolation, ELISA, MSD, cell binding assays, flow cytometry, and/or signaling assays) is required.
- Expertise in a laboratory with either an oncology or immunology focus is highly desired.
- Strong organizational and communication skills is required
- Proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint and in at least one graphing application such as Excel or GraphPad is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)