Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Medical Information, Primary Care – 12-month contract
Requisition ID: 9201190703
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is hiring a Manager, Medical Information for Primary Care, based at the Janssen Head office in Toronto, Ontario. This is a 12-month contract assignment.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
As the Medical Information Manager, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and engaging a team of Medical Information Associates in the delivery of Medical Information services across a designated therapeutic portfolio. You will also be accountable for developing Medical Information plans to align with brand strategies and to educate our external customers on the appropriate use of Janssen products to optimize healthcare management.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to Medical Information Associates (MIAs).
- Provide strategic direction to ensure that the medical information needs of external and internal customers are met.
- Assign accountabilities and manage workload and resources within the specific Medical Information team to ensure that all members achieve their key objectives.
- Provide monitoring and oversight of MIAs to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to identify key opportunities to leverage strengths of Medical Information for competitive business advantage.
- Develop and implement strategies with business partners to manage medical communications.
- Provide oversight of fulfillment of responses to medical/scientific queries from healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal customers (researching, evaluating, analyzing, summarizing information).
- Liaise with global medical information teams/global business partners to identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- A minimum of a BSc. degree is required; Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmacology/Biological Science is preferred (PharmD, PhD, BScPhm).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior experience in Medical Information/Regulatory Affairs/Clinical Research including call center management is preferred
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment beyond Medical Information is desirable
- Broad therapeutic area expertise aligned to Janssen’s Disease Area Strongholds is highly preferred
- Bilingualism in English and French would be an asset
- Experience with data analytics is an asset
- Previous people management experience is an asset
- Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking, people development, analysis and innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills to effectively communicate scientific/medical information to healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal business partners
- Strong interdependent partnering ability including negotiating/influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, dynamic and professional environment
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)