Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for the Senior Director for Data and Analytics (DNA) Product Line in support of the Consumer Health and Vision business, to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Our Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) organization has been on an accelerated journey of digital transformation. By leveraging the power of digital technologies and data, we aspire to improve the lives of our patients, consumers, and employees. With that objective, Commercial Product Lines were established to deliver transformational technology products and services across Consumer Health and Vision organizations. These Product Lines, in partnership with the full Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) organization and our business, will contribute to J&J driving groundbreaking innovation, creating integrated consumer healthcare solutions, and providing personalized customer and user experiences with a level of speed, agility and scale unmatched in the consumer and healthcare industry.
The DNA Product Line is uniquely positioned to power world-class data and analytics technologies that enable end-to-end data management, operational/advanced analytics and data science capabilities. By turning our J&J commercial functions into insight driven organizations that are true analytics competitors, we are transforming how we serve our consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, customers and employees around the world. In close partnership with the full JJT organization and our business, we will develop, leverage and scale smarter, faster, more efficient, future-ready enterprise platforms and capabilities that will help to unlock new and differentiated insights needed to drive innovation, commercial growth, operational efficiencies, and improved health outcomes.
The Senior Director Data and Analytics Product Line leader reports to the Vice President of Digital Products for Consumer Health and Vision, and will lead the DNA Product Line Leadership team for these businesses globally. This senior executive is responsible for building and enhancing transformational analytics platforms and products for the Consumer Health & Vision businesses – making current insights and analytics more efficient and effective while also adding new capabilities and setting the foundation for smarter insights that fuels our competitive edge, supporting better and faster decisions. They align partners and development teams around common measurable product goals, and engage the business in the product development process.
This Executive leads a global team of platform and product owners, technical professionals and other specialists, and shapes the organization’s use of advanced analytical technologies and capabilities to optimize our investments and predict market actions.
The incumbent must build strong collaborative partnerships with senior business leaders across the Business Technology (BT), Product Line (PL), Technology Services (TS), Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM), Privacy, Finance, Human Resources, and Enterprise Portfolio Management Organizations – as well as interact with Senior business data and information owners and data scientists across the organization.
- Work closely with the Business Analytics leaders and teams to shape data and analytics vision, strategy and capability roadmap for the Consumer Health & Vision organizations. Articulate the story of value created.
- Develop business centric, technical product strategy to drive measurable business value. Strategy includes product roadmap based on continuous improvement aligned to evolving business strategy, integration of emerging technologies, product lifecycle management, and organizational capacity to manage demand.
- Accountable for product delivery across the portfolio traceable to Return on Investment for global and regional product delivery; ensure high level of predictability in the delivery of solutions; work with Technology Services to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the portfolio of products.
- Drive consistent and reliable, single-truth operational and performance reporting capabilities enabling guided discovery and agile decision-making.
- Build commercial analytics capabilities that take advantage of advanced predictive and prescriptive methods to deliver data-driven insights and solutions in support of Commercial Excellence, Sales/Customer, Consumer, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs and Education.
- Enable new growth through platform-based, connected data ecosystems that integrate advanced technologies (IoT, HIT, AI etc.) and data to smartly connect individuals to our products, services, solutions and experiences.
- Establish data as a service, enabling efficient, integrated, end-to-end management and delivery of high quality data assets across the value chain through modern data architectures (data lakes, grids, etc).
- Build and deploy a framework to ensure rigorous and responsive demand governance for DNA investments that prioritizes highest value opportunities for the sectors.
- Continuously search for ways to eliminate redundancies and inefficiencies while streamlining costs to reinvest in new innovations.
- Design a dynamic talent management strategy that addresses talent acquisition, performance and development and maximizes the power of diversity & inclusion; provide our employees with the opportunity to build new analytics skills and business acumen, gain expertise and grow.
- Drive analytics innovation and thought leadership by anticipating and responding to rapidly changing industry trends, translating relevant insights into solutions that create new value.
- Forge trusted partnerships with external partners, other JJT Product Lines and complimentary analytics practitioners.
- Undergraduate qualifications in Technology, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, applied data sciences or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods and solutions; MBA or Masters in related fields is preferred.
- 15+ years managing technical teams and working closely with business leaders is preferred.
- Experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises are preferred, especially coming from Consumer, Health or Technology industries. Passion and experience related to Digital Marketing and eCommerce is an asset.
- Strong domain expertise with experiences in multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis, behavioral market structure etc.
- Knowledge of data/information structures, modelling and technologies; data management/catalog software; enterprise content management, cyber security/privacy; record-keeping policies and practices.
- Demonstrated strength in examining issues, shaping strategy and influencing effectively across the organization, driving people, process and technology change.
- Technical scope of knowledge includes a broad understanding of commercial solutions for data and analytics including machine learning and AI.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of Master Data Management strategy with ability to deliver at scale. Able to educate business in the need to treat data as an asset, and to own it and manage accordingly.
- Technical skills range from experience with core analytics tools like Qlik, Tableau, Informatica, and Alteryx to cloud computing platforms, and advance analytics tools.
- Ability to translate vision to strategy to outcomes-based roadmaps; balances discovery and delivery; able to anticipate future needs and proactively improve product features.
- Ensures products/solutions meet service level expectations. Understands and leverages agile ways of working.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists. Strong Financial acumen.
- Demonstrated strength in partnering with internal/external contacts globally to generate mutually beneficial, long-term opportunities and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large team across business and technical areas; Effective leadership and builder of strong teams.
- Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking.
- Experience leading multiple, high-profile projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources. Ability to estimate required effort and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Ability to embrace the principles of DNA product management that put consumers, patients, HCP’s, customers and employees at the center, following agile/RVR, lean and design thinking.
- Thrives on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)