Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Commercial Education - DePuy Synthes - Joint Recon - Warsaw, IN/Raynham, MA/West Chester, PA
Warsaw, Indiana; West Chester, Pennsylvania; Raynham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 9180190311
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Manager, Commercial Education to be located in the Warsaw, IN, Raynham, MA, or West Chester, PA area.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
Founded in 1895, DePuy Orthopaedics was the first commercial orthopaedics company in the U.S. Our long-standing commitment to innovation in patient care has helped us become a global leader in orthopaedic devices and supplies, including hip, knee, extremity, cement and operating room products. Today, the DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction portfolio includes more than 200 products.
The Manager, Commercial Education, DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is responsible for the design, development and execution of training for the sales organization aligned to the global learning strategy and in support of the US region business needs. This role will work with Global Education, Regional Marketing, Sales Leadership, Healthcare Compliance and other functional partners to shape and deliver educational programs aimed at elevating the competency of the sales organization aligned with the company policies and strategies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
• Collaborate with Global Education Solutions, Regional Marketing and other functional leaders to develop and implement educational programs in support of business objectives.
• Design and build new course content as needed utilizing current technologies and adult learning principles (i.e., micro-learning, flipped classroom, etc.).
• Apply adult learning principals and professional facilitation skills in all learning programs.
• Conduct learning in live, virtual and self-guided formats aligned with our learning strategy.
• Ensure that all learning content is current, copy approved and compliant with all government and legal requirements.
• Facilitate learning anatomy, procedures, complex clinical concepts, products, competitive technologies and business practices related to commercial sales roles.
• Coordinate activities with Field Sales Training to support continuity for the learner.
• May or may not have responsibility for oversight and development of direct reports in the Commercial Education function.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 years successful sales experience in the Joint Recon space
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Expert selling skills
• Orthopeadic/medical device trainer experience including field sales training
• Educated in adult learning concepts/theory
• Curriculum design, storyboarding and production experience
• Experience using and/or implementing modern educational technologies
• Proficient in PPT, XLS
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Virtual facilitation skills
POST HIRE TRAINING PLAN REQUIREMENTS:
• Expected to remain current with all company training/compliance requirements
• Participates in development activities to elevate capabilities of competencies in the Learning Professional Competency Model
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Classroom, office, Lab environment, surgical setting
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May provide direction of activities to others - peers and/or subordinates
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel up to 25%
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)