Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Category Senior Manager – Secondary Packaging
Requisition ID: 9173190311
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Global Category Senior Manager - Secondary Packaging located in Skillman NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The purpose of the Global Category Senior Manager – Secondary Packaging is to develop global enterprise (Consumer, Janssen and MD) sourcing strategies for JNJs for materials covering $ 100 MM+ USD of spend. Senior Manager will develop industry expertise and drive clarity on sourcing strategy in relation to assigned secondary packaging materials.
The Global Category Senior Manager will take direction from the Global Director, Secondary Packaging and ensure the assigned sub-category is positioned to meet the packaging categories overall G&Os. The position will have GSRM accountabilities with key suppliers to manage compliance adherence, supplier performance and innovation. The manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure business needs are well captured and incorporated in sourcing strategies.
The Global Category Senior Manager will be responsible in managing approximately $100 MM+ spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend has high complexity and requires collaboration with key stakeholders within the business and supply chain to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
You will provide end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Global Category Senior Manager- Secondary Packaging scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement's goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
The role is responsible to development of best in case sourcing strategy for assigned portfolio. Based on strategy, person will lead pipeline of category projects delivering the functions long range financial plans (LRFP), and collaborating with key cross functional leaders to ensure buy in and smooth execution. In addition, the role is expected to highlight new areas of opportunity such as penetrating unaddressed spend and reducing material complexity within the assigned portfolio. The role is also required to work with key suppliers to drive J&J's sustainability, regulatory and EH&S requirements and monitor performance.
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
- 30% - Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- 20% - Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- 20% - Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- 10% - Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- 10% - Lead team meetings, Supplier workshop sessions focused on Costs/Innovation etc. and provide updates to Global Packaging Procurement Leadership Team
- 10% - Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 8 years of professional experience
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Project management skills
- Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community through category knowledge, depth and experiences
- Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
- Financial acumen
- Ability to lead meetings and workshops with cross functional business partners and suppliers
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)