Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Area Business Specialist, Immunology (New Orleans/Baton Rouge/Lafayette, LA) - Janssen Biotech, Inc.
New Orleans, Louisiana; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Lafayette, Louisiana
Requisition ID: 9169180417
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Area Business Specialist, Immunology for the New Orleans/Baton Rouge/Lafayette, LA geography.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
For more than 30 years, Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology, urology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care. For more about Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenbiotech.com.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As the Area Business Specialist (ABS), you will:
· Ensure appropriate identified new and existing patients have access to pharmaceutical products which minimize pre and post needle attrition.
· Ensure a mix of viable sites of care are available in the local marketplace, educating practices on appropriate efficiency practices to infuse the pharmaceutical product(s) to remain viable, updating practices on key private and public payer changes that impact infusion process, ensure staff in infusion clinics have been trained using company approved materials to deliver pharmaceutical product(s) in a safe and efficient manner, educate providers on patient assistance programs that are available to assist patients financially.
· Use discretion and judgment to execute the company's brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include securing and preserving patient access to pharmaceutical product(s) in the optimal site of care for the patient and provider.
· Approach each customer from a total account management perspective, by leveraging resources appropriately, collaborating with business partners and accurately articulating the value proposition for the customer.
· Assist members of sales force (e.g., Immunology Specialists, District Managers) in all aspects of product promotion, including but not limited to product access, pull-through and reimbursement.
· Mentor doctors and staff on how to develop and implement an In Office Infusion program including overall operations management, scheduling, staffing, pre-authorization, reimbursement, capacity management, inventory management, and infusion management/efficiencies.
· Train appropriate clinical staff re: technical aspects of infusing the pharmaceutical product(s) including reconstitution, admixture, administration, monitoring, and adverse event management and reporting.
· Serve as a resource to territory's accounts and Janssen Biotech staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies; reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, pre-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/grievances); practice management; Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations; OSHA; HIPAA; and state-specific clinical staff licensing / certification requirements for product compounding, admixture, administration and monitoring.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
· A valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States
· The ability to travel, up to 50% of the time
· Reside in the geography and/or willing to relocate to it
· A minimum of three (3) years of successful pharmaceutical, biologic / biotech or medical device sales experience with a minimum of one (1) year of specialty sales experience is required.
· A working knowledge of reimbursement, payer, provider and infusion operations is strongly preferred
· Experience selling an injectable / infused product
· Working knowledge of the immunology, rheumatology, and/or gastroenterology field(s)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Louisiana-New Orleans
North America-United States-Louisiana-Lafayette, North America-United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)