Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST
Requisition ID: 9140190704
Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) in Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Associate Scientist in Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular/metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this laboratory-based technical position within the Exploratory Biology – T Cell Biology and Immune Modulation group, you will join a group of researchers to conduct in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies and multi-specific large molecules therapeutics. We are responsible for discovering, characterizing and analyzing lead molecules for biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J. We discover and characterize mechanisms of action (MOA) for immunomodulatory and immune cell redirecting biologic therapeutics.
Roles within the group focus on two areas around biologics discovery as it relates to Immunobiology. The early phase concentrates on identifying, developing, optimizing and implementing novel immune cell functional assays using cutting-edge techniques to screen for potential biologic therapies. In the later phase, the group is responsible applying MOA functional studies for aiding in differentiating and profiling leads by exploring variations on existing or novel assays to enable IND progression.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs.
Designing and executing non-routine experiments with a high level of autonomy and minimal supervision while also indirectly or directly leading or setting objectives for others on team projects
- Proactively investigate and develop improvements to existing processes or develop new and improved processes. Identify new areas of research consistent with strategic direction
- Independently analyzing and interpreting complex experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- Generating and maintaining experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner is essential.
- Interfacing effectively and positively with all levels of colleagues in research and non-clinical functions as well as engage external CRO collaborations.
- Independently presenting or defending scientific findings in cross-functional projects/initiatives
- Interacting with internal and external colleagues on routine/critical matters and/or specific phases of a research project
- Masters Degree with at least 10 years experience or PhD with 2 years of Post-doctoral experience in Cell Biology, Immunology or a related discipline is required
- Experience in primary immune cell and advanced cell culture technique is required.
- Show proficiency in development of assay methods (ie. primary cell isolation, ELISA, MSD, cell binding assays, and/or signaling assays) is required
- Demonstrated past experience in the set-up, acquisition and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Experience running T cell activation, phenotyping and kinetic cytotoxicity assays is preferred
- Past experience or expertise from a laboratory with either an oncology or immunology focus is preferred.
- Your strong organizational and communication skills is required and you should be able to effectively perform tasks within cross-disciplinary teams.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)