Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientific Director, Adaptive Immunity - Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9139190311
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientific Director, Discovery Immunology to be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a Scientific Director within the Adaptive Immunity group in the Immunology therapeutic area with a focus on driving innovative new approaches in drug discovery to address unmet needs in autoimmune diseases.
• Contribute to establishing a world-class research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of assets targeting adaptive mechanisms that drive autoimmune disorders, principally small molecules and biologics.
• Provide leadership to various pre-clinical drug discovery programs including leading early- and late-stage research programs.
• Interact with key partners including Discovery leaders, the Immunology TA and partner organizations including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups to delivery clinical candidates
• Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development
• Develop and advance platform technologies as needed
• Work closely with Discovery leaders to implement an autoimmune disease strategy within the focus area and support ongoing programs.
• Help build an extensive external network of leaders with vision in the field of autoimmunity and work with leadership to seek out and develop strategic partnerships, champion them for internal adoption, implement and execute these projects.
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities and alliances.
• Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
• Manage and mentor a scientific team that could span the Discovery hubs
• Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment.
• Manage a team budget.
• Minimum of a Ph.D. degree with post-doctoral experience and 8-10 years of industry experience, 3-5 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Sr. Principal Scientist/Associate Scientific Director level OR the equivalent training/experience is required
• Ability to effectively manage, lead and mentor a scientific team and direct and/or indirect people management experience is required
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple Discovery Programs (small molecule and biologics) is required
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to present and assemble complex data sets is required
• Proven ability to interact in a matrix environment
• Up to 15% travel required
• Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)