Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is a corporate division focused primarily on research, development and engineering within Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies. We develop a comprehensive array of well-known health care products in the adult skin and hair, women's health, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as AVEENO®, BAND-AID® Adhesive Bandages, JOHNSON'S® Baby products, LISTERINE®, NEUTROGENA®, REACH® oral health products, CLEAN & CLEAR® skin care products, STAYFREE® and CAREFREE® sanitary protection products
The co-op program provides:
- An opportunity for students to partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide informal mentoring and coaching towards successful outcomes.
- The opportunity to be exposed to our process of creating and developing new and beneficial consumer, personal care, and OTC pharmaceutical products for global markets.
- The opportunity to work on pre-assigned projects including microbiology support to new product development.
- The opportunity to work in the laboratory environment.
- The opportunity to work within cross-functional or interdisciplinary teams and may have multiple internal partners and customers.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Must be a student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree seeking program majoring in a Science related field.
- Top candidates considered will be majoring in the following fields: Biological Sciences, biology, microbiology, biochemistry and biomedical engineering.
- Junior and Senior level candidates are strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Completion of at least one hands-on laboratory full course in Microbiology prior to start of position.
- Good knowledge of aseptic technique, serial dilutions, streaking plates and using media.
- Good knowledge of laboratory safety and have comfort level with using live microorganisms in culture.
- It is preferred that the candidate has some previous microscopy experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Able to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month co-op.
- Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location: Skillman, NJ
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)