Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, US Commercial Execution
Requisition ID: 9132190311
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for one (1) Director, US Commercial Execution (NA) in support of a number of initiatives critical to the success of the US Orthopedics business. The position will be based in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Director, US Commercial Execution will report to a senior leadership position in the US Commercial organization that is to be finalized. Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Support achievement of US business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis
- Support the development and execution of strategies to protect and grow company’s leadership position in the US market
- Lead a team of contracting support managers and asset optimization analysts in pursuit of RFPs, conversion prospects and retention opportunities
- Ability to influence without authority and work reciprocally with other functional areas to ensure business issues are addressed
- Ensure strong alignment around company’s business objectives, key strategies, and follow through of business plan
- Implement procedures for developing and analyzing inventory, cross-referencing, E&O and manufacturing implications of new account conversions. This role will also support broader Portfolio Optimization Initiatives.
- Support assessment of prospective customer set requirements
- Lead and coordinate cross-referencing efforts in support of customer conversions
- Coordinate manufacturing/field asset management requirements in support of customer conversions
- Contribute to the development of account-specific financial analyses
- Lead development, validation and ongoing enhancement and expansion of tools designed to enable and support the Field Sales Organization (FSO), Contracting & Marketing
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports, clearly communicate findings and follow-up on results
- Support communication with the FSO and SCG regarding company strategies, product launches, programs and other key initiatives
- Support FSO and SCG efforts as needed by participating in sales activities aimed at converting or retaining key customers, including occasional travel
- Support key initiatives in the NA region including collaboration with the Medical Devices Strategic Customer Group (SCG), implementation of cross-selling partnerships with other J&J companies and strategic alliances with external partners, upgrading customers to new technologies and obsolescence of older products
- Cultivate positive relationships between marketing, SCG and FSO teams
- Ensure the organization is meeting customer needs and be a positive agent for change within the organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- An MBA is preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, Sales, Account Management and/or a combination of Sales and/or Marketing is required
- Proven strategic, financial and analytical capabilities are required
- Demonstrated financial/accounting treatment expertise is required
- Advanced Excel skills required; Mastery of the suite of MS Office programs required
- Experience in the medical device and/or other healthcare regulated environment is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various degrees of complexity and ambiguity is required
- Proven success in project management, which includes planning and execution is required
- Proven success leading and developing a team of direct reports
- The ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization to promote recommendations is required
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with wider marketing, operations, compliance, legal, finance, medical and clinical affairs and regulatory organizations is required
This position will be based in West Chester, PA and require up to 50% domestic travel, including occasional weekends.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)