Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientific Director, Clinical Pharmacology
Raritan, New Jersey; Spring House, Pennsylvania; Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 9117190703
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.D., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Scientific Director, Clinical Pharmacology to be located in Raritan, NJ with consideration given to Titusville, NJ or Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You, the Scientific Director, Clinical Pharmacology (CP) Leader role will to apply and promote Clinical Pharmacology knowledge, including pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics analyses and principles of model-based drug development in the programs for all stages of drug development ranging from pre-New Molecular Entity (NME) declaration through Post-Marketing support, in collaboration with various stakeholders, Quantitative Sciences (QS)-Project Matrix teams and Pharmacometrics (PM) Leader. The Scientific Director will function as a CP Leader on the Compound Development Team (CDT) independently and execute the day-to-day operations for the clinical pharmacology aspects of the assigned programs and mentor junior members within the Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Department.
You can directly impact the operational results, as they are focused on investigation and characterization of how drugs interact with biological systems or diseases so that they can be used safely and effectively, and with the appropriate pharmaceutical formulation.
Contribute to overall compound development via application of quantitative methods to integrate knowledge of PK, PD, patient characteristics, disease states, and drug-drug interactions to optimize dose selection, dosage regimens and study designs throughout drug development. The Scientific Director will translate quantitative knowledge into strategic opportunities with key stake holders to drive development along the model-based drug development principles.
• Collaborate with PM Leaders on modeling and simulation activities in drug development programs. Perform and/or liaise for modeling and simulation analysis of preclinical-clinical data, translational PK/PD data, up to first-in-human (FIH) and if applicable beyond FIH (dose/exposure-response analyses to guide dose regimen from pre-proof of concept (POC) and POC studies).
• Collaborate with PM Leaders on the execution of scientifically robust and efficient clinical pharmacology strategies for NME and/or development candidates.
• Applies the understanding of (1) the impact of intra- and inter-subject variability in physiology and/or pathology, concomitant medication use, and biopharmaceutics, on pharmacokinetics (PK) and PK/pharmacodynamics (PD), and (2) requirements for the clinical pharmacology regulatory submission packages and submission processes.
• Carries out functional responsibilities in accordance to applicable SOPs, regulatory requirements and Johnson & Johnson Credo principles.
• A PhD or equivalent degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or relevant Biological Sciences with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience (including postdoctoral studies) OR an M.S. or PharmD degree or equivalent, with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience is required.
• Understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD, and Translational Medicine is required.
• Ability to interpret PK and PK/PD results and prepare presentations to illustrate findings accurately is required.
• Understanding of overall process of drug development and the overall pharmaceutical R&D process is required.
• Has established a level of expertise and scientific reputation through publications and/or presentations, preferred.
• Drug development experience in one or more Therapeutic Areas and the ability to handle contributions to multiple clinical pharmacology programs, simultaneously is required. Drug development experience in Oncology, preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of model-based drug development (MBDD), biostatistics principles and modelling tools (e.g., Gastroplus, Simcyp, Winnonlin, NONMEM) and demonstrated ability to apply these tools to enable rational and efficient drug development is required.
• Working knowledge of clinical and regulatory landscape, disease processes and mechanisms, available treatment paradigms, and patient populations within assigned Therapeutic Area(s) is required.
This position is located in Raritan, NJ with consideration given to Titusville, NJ and Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)