Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Design Strategist-IXS
New York, New York
Requisition ID: 9117180808
J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Design Strategist to be located in New York, NY. As the internal design studio for Johnson & Johnson, J&J Design works globally across all of the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device and Corporate. In collaboration with business partners, we apply design thinking to drive transformational innovation. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to profoundly change the trajectory of human health. Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will work as a design strategist on project teams at the forefront of creating new, care-centered experiences across all of J&J’s business sectors. You will work on project teams that are driving design-led innovation initiatives most of the time, and will contribute to teams through delivering research, insight, framing, concept development and prototyping. You will have plenty of opportunity for making purpose-driven impact with design thinking and design doing. You will shape insights so that your teams can act and solve and build, and you are always ready to show how our understanding of people’s lives anchors and creates impact and value. You share knowledge through learning and teaching within a team of accomplished designers and strategists. Your growth potential is enormous because of your curiosity, initiative, reach, and accountability. You will lead by example and in accordance with the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Scoping, planning and conducting primary, secondary, and analogous research
- Challenging and experimenting with research and analysis methods to ensure rich insight
- Developing insights and generating insights-based ideas and solution ecosystems within our multi-disciplinary teams
- Designing persuasive, insight-rich reports and stories using diverse media/tools to communicate insights, frameworks, ecosystem level solutions, through creating project deliverables: pitch decks, project briefs, insight presentations, etc.
- Preparing and co-facilitating workshops for large multi-disciplinary groups and projects
- Visualizing, prototyping and presenting frameworks, insights, concepts and preferred experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field is required
Strong visual, written, and oral communication skills to execute project briefs
Ability to drive results with initiative, collaboration, resourcefulness, and smart project planning
Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Demonstrated ability to synthesize research into rich insights
Strong candidates will demonstrate excellence in any one (or a combination) of the following skills:
Novel, experimental design research / insight-gathering methodologies
Synthesis / Workshop design / Facilitation
Business modeling / business strategy
Portfolio link must be included on each resume to be considered.
This position is based in New York, New York.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)