Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Program Management Leader (PML), Neuroscience PMO
Requisition ID: 9076190308
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Project Management Office (PMO) Neuroscience. This position is located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Project Management Office (PMO) Neuroscience and Established Products, reports to the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Leader (TAL) or the designated line manager, to provide support for development activities for development projects in Neuroscience.
The PML is accountable to both PMO leadership, Compound Development Team Leader (CDTL), and Clinical Team Leader (CL) for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated, end-to-end (E2E) compound development plan as approved by the appropriate governing body.
As a core member of the Compound Development Team (CDT) and/or Clinical Team (CT), the PML provides program management and cross-functional operational leadership for the development of therapeutic products or non-interventional healthcare platforms in a global, matrix organization, from Discovery to life cycle management.
- Establish CDT/ CT strategy in partnership with the CDTL/ CL, with goals and objectives that are aligned with organizational objectives. Accountable for alignment between CDT/ CT and TA portfolio strategy. Contribute to and coordinate compound strategy updates over time. Provide context and history to new team members/stakeholders. Mentor colleagues in team best practices.
- Lead the team to translate CDT/ CT strategy into an integrated, executable plan. This includes scenario planning, stage gate approvals and setting priorities, and optimizing plans through constructive challenge and continuous dialog with the different functions to ensure all activities are aligned with team goals and objectives.
- Drive the CDT/ CT to meet or exceed those goals by providing superior global cross-functional operational leadership and management in a matrix organization. This includes scenario planning, risk management, issue identification and mitigation, problem-solving, contingency planning and decision-making. Work with standard budgeting and forecasting models to address specific compound needs in collaboration with CDT/CT/PMT partners; identify trade-off options and novel approaches to exploring technical risk and accelerating compound development.
- Manage CDT, CT and PMT information, documentation, and team communications to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of the CDT/ CT strategy and operational status throughout the Company and between co-development partners and/or other external partners (as required). Ensure documentation of team meetings, key decisions, action items and cross functional communication.
- Employ and help shape reporting processes and tools established by the PMO, the TA or business area leadership, and portfolio management. Assist with portfolio analyses on request.
- Partner with the stakeholders including the Program Coordinator (PC) and Finance to support Continuous Forecast and Business Plan cycles.
- Partner with cross functional leads (TA or responsible Business Unit, GCDO, Statistics, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomarkers, Clinical Supplies, Global Medical Safety, Finance, Regulatory, DPDS) at the program level to assure end to end program oversight; and to identify and mitigate risks and issues in order to maintain quality, timelines, resources and budget.
- Partner with cross functional leads to provide planning and oversight in the design, development and submission of key Clinical documents including protocol, study reports and appendices.
- Take a lead role in ensuring cross-functional readiness for stage gate reviews and governance reviews and decisions.
- Work cross-functionally to drive the planning and preparation of Clinical documents required for successful Health Authority submissions, and clinically-related external committees and meetings such as Advisory Boards.
- Manage the CDT, co-lead the CT, and lead relevant subteams such as the PMT, in a manner that fosters and maintains a high performance team culture.
- If applicable, on external partnerships, work within the Joint Development Team or equivalent to manage and align cross company research activities and objectives.
- As needed, represent the CDT/ CT to the Company at large. This may include governance meetings, external partnerships, and external meetings such as Health Authority Meetings, Advisory Meetings, Scientific Conferences, or Investigator Meetings.
PMLs are expected to create and manage a high performing team culture, for example:
- Motivate colleagues through personal example, and dedication to team goals. Inspire confidence and build group trust. Understand strengths and motivators of team members. Use emotional intelligence to spot signals others miss. Provide positive and constructive feedback in the moment.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority. Keep group focused on strategy and goals despite complexity, controversy, or conflict. Build bridges between organizations; turn adversity into opportunities for change and growth.
- Frame and translate organizational messages into meaningful information and insights for the team.
- Identify and manage stakeholder and team needs and expectations.
- Develop networks beyond scope of work to leverage connections that foster individual and team growth. Lead talent development in project/program management know-how, new drug development, and other professional expertise to interested colleagues.
- PMLs are guided in all matters by our J&J Credo values, our J&J Leadership Performance standards, and our PMO Leadership Profile.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Post-graduate degree in life sciences, engineering, or business management is preferred.
- Professional project management certification and/or diploma is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of industry/business experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical R&D is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, team leadership, and/or functional line management in one or more of the major R&D functions is required.
- Prior experience as a member of a cross-functional team is required.
- Prior experience as a member of a compound development team is preferred.
- Successful leadership and management of a PMT, or of other cross functional teams, especially if done in a matrix, global, or virtual setting is required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority is required.
- Experience in planning and / or management of regulatory submissions (e.g., IND/CTA, NDA, MAA, etc.) is preferred.
- Record of successful governance body and/or stakeholder management preferred.
- This position will be based in Titusville, NJ and may require up to 10% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)