Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Scientist, HTS Assay Development, Screening
Requisition ID: 9073170206
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, HTS Assay Development, Screening to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of screening strategies that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in subsequent hit-to-lead discovery programs.
- Provide scientific leadership to a team that (1) develops assays in cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats (2) executes high-throughput screens (3) analyzes screening data including presentation at program team meetings. A level of hands-on laboratory work is expected.
- Provide mentoring and career development leadership to direct reports and to others within the department as appropriate.
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Develop innovative approaches to screening and hit triage.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Manage external collaborations.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
- A miniumum of a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology or related areas is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in assay development HTS is required
- Expertise with assay development using biochemical and/or biophysical methods is required
- Expertise with biochemical methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA OR an expertise with biophysical methods such as SPR, thermophoresis, ITC and mass spectrometry is preferred
- Fragment screening experience is preferred
- Hit triage experience is preferred
- Previous people management experience (supervising, coaching, mentoring) is required
- Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)