Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Senior Engineer
Requisition ID: 9072180808
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a R&D Senior Engineer.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The R&D Senior Engineer will support project teams in the development of electrophysiology catheters and/or related accessories at Biosense Webster. Project support includes design, design for manufacturing, test method development and product verification and validation testing.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, the duties and responsibilities for this position are:
- Design electrophysiology catheters and/or related accessories (cables, sheaths, etc.)
- Interface with external vendors to develop and/or procure components
- Resolve design problems related to material, specifications and tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and cost.
- Create preliminary sketches of design concepts
- Perform measurements and analysis, create engineering samples, develop and execute engineering testing
- Conduct testing (e.g. benchtop, V&V, pre-clinical) by developing and executing protocols and generating reports
- Gather VOC from customers
- Recommend, design and/or purchase equipment
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- A bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required.
- A Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years related medical device experience is required
- The ability to use CAD software such as Solidworks is required
- Experience building/prototyping is required. Prototyping EP catheter designs is preferred and a plus.
- EP catheter experience is preferred
- Experience in the medical device industry – catheter manufacturing, electrophysiology industry is preferred
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of Proving feasibility for design transfer to manufacturing
- The ability to lead a technical team is preferred
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written), familiar with project management methodology, problem solving, and presentation skills
- This position is location is Irwindale, California and requires up to 10% travel both domestic and international
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)