Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, X-ray Crystallography
Requisition ID: 9070190704
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, X-ray Crystallography, located in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Lead Discovery group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, is committed to the delivery of high-quality chemical starting points needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, HTS, and structural biology coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist, X-ray Crystallography.
The Scientist will:
• Be responsible for crystallization of protein-small molecule complexes and determination of high-resolution structures by x-ray crystallography.
• Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists and protein NMR scientists as part of an integrated structural biology effort.
• Be a member of drug discovery teams, working closely with computational and medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design approaches for small molecule agent optimization.
• Contribute to multidisciplinary Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD) efforts.
• Contribute to increase the structural biology scientific expertise of the group by publishing high-impact research papers and establishing academic collaborations.
• Mentor lab scientists and contribute to the strategic planning of the Structural Biology group.
• Ph.D. or equivalent and postdoctoral
experience in structural biology (x-ray crystallography) or related field is
• Deep scientific expertise in structural biology, with strong experience in both protein crystallization and high-resolution structure determination is required.
• Experience in Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) utilizing x-ray crystallography is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, and protein sciences is preferred.
• Strong record of external publications and presentations is required.
• Outstanding written and oral presentation skills is required.
• Experience in scientific programming (Unix shells, Python, Perl), and ability to work with the latest relevant software packages and in a mixed Linux/Windows computational environment is preferred.
• Research experience in biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, and protein sciences is preferred.
• Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Inflammation, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)