Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Test Engineer, Enabling Technologies
Requisition ID: 9060170829
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for SeniorTest Engineer, Enabling Technologies to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Test Engineer, Enabling Technologies will report to the Group Manager of Enabling Technologies. In this newly created position, the Test Engineer will provide support engineering, transfer to manufacturing and develop test cases for electrical based biomedical product development systems, for both hardware and software. Develop and execute electrical and software based tests on developing products to find potential bugs and report to the appropriate hardware and software development teams. Design and select basic test equipment necessary for testing.
The candidate will work with Quality Assurance to support creation of specifications and procedures for testing of new products and aid in the creation of the associated test plans required for testing and evaluation of standard and special devices. Acquire, compile, and generate test reports with both summary and details of testing results. The ideal candidate has a passion to identify what-if scenarios and execute edge cases, thereby enabling the product team to deliver a robust solution.
Working knowledge of areas like hardware, software engineering, human computer interface, and graphics are useful as being part of the team with other members having expertise in related areas. Experience with therapeutic and surgical applications of algorithms and computer science is a plus. The candidate should ideally have some fundamental knowledge base in medical devices, although the emphasis in this position is on broad expertise in electrical or electronics engineering as a member of a larger team, complimented by others who have true expertise in medical device development and engineering.
Specific responsibilities of the Test Engineer, Enabling Technologies include:
- Coordinate and participate in the design, development and execution of electrical and software based tests on developing products to find potential bugs and report to the appropriate hardware and software development teams.
- Work closely with QA to support overall device objectives, release timelines and V&V strategy through test engineering.
- Work with the project teams to provide support for product transfer to manufacturing and input into design for manufacturability.
- Follow rigorous test design methodology and writes concise test specifications, test equipment design specifications, verification plans, and test cases.
- Performs unit testing of software and assists in the verification and validation process of the complete designs.
- Generate test reports that ultimately culminate in design and performance stability, product improvement and comprehensive testing strategy to enable world class scalable manufacturing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or Physical Sciences and min of 5 years of experience with electronics based product testing in either R&D, Design Validation, or Production Verification areas.
- If you hold a related Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience developing software products with C/C++ and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Experience in highly regulated industry is required; medical device industry is preferred.
- Experienced in standard communication buses and protocols: TCP/IP, USB, as well as experience with Data acquisition and signal processing methods are highly preferred.
- Hands on experience developing small, wrapper applications for controlling standard lab equipment: Oscilloscope, DVM, embedded encoder motors, vibration tables, Power Supplies, thermal chambers are preferred.
- The ability to design, implement and test software in an environment of rapidly evolving requirements is required.
- The ability to develop and automate basic R&D test equipment, e.g. function generation, actuation is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems and devices is required.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal English) is required.
- Previous experience with product testing and design transfer is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to create test plans and procedures for full requirements coverage, given System Requirements and System Design Specifications is highly preferred.
- Experience in working with startups or external partnerships for joint development is preferred.
- Familiarity with industry-standard quality procedures and testing documentation is required.
- General knowledge Principles of Software Validation is preferred.
- Ability to interpret standard product drawings and specifications is required.
- Position requires up to 10% travel and is based in Raynham, MA.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)