Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Development Engineer, Spine Robotics
Requisition ID: 9058180416
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal Development Engineer, Spine Robotics to be located in Providence, RI or Boston, MA area. If located in Boston, candidate will be expected to travel to Providence regularly.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Principal Development Engineer, Spine Robotics position represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, working in a cross functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally. This position holds accountability for our critical digital orthopedic technology programs, and will work closely with our internal R&D Digital Platforms COE team and with external development partners as well.
Ultimately this technical leader will be responsible for working closely with the Program Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, Director of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, leaders within the Spine Franchise to support the successful launch of the orthopedic surgical solution. This position will report to the Director of R&D for Digital Orthopedics Surgery.
- Support the design and development aspects of technically complex and unique global programs and projects, leading cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process.
- Organize, plan, execute and oversee programs and projects through product launch, commercialization.
- Act as a team leader and mentor leading cross-franchise and cross-functional teams as the subject matter expert.
- Shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Global Orthopedics.
- Build transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, while working in a cross functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required.
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Experience with all working elements in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required.
- Ability to bridge across organizational groups, communicating product requirements from Depuy-Synthes Spine to the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc).
- Breadth and depth of clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies is preferred.
- This position will be located in Providence, RI or Boston, MA area. If located in Boston, candidate will be expected to travel to Providence regularly. Position will also require up to 20% travel depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)