Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Exploratory Innovation
Raritan, New Jersey; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9057180416
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Exploratory Innovation in Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA may require up to 40% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) has the goal to accelerate the translation of a new healthcare paradigm, where we prevent, intercept and cure disease. Due to the rapidly changing health care and external innovation landscape, it is critical to have a dedicated team of experience professionals to identify, negotiate and maintain key external relationships in support of the overall WWDA strategies. These efforts will be done with key WWDA external leaders to ensure that the overall WWDA objectives are being met. You will develop the strategy to accelerate the path to disease interception, prevention, or cure through the identification of new areas of focus and value. You will build and manage a portfolio of internal / external projects to deliver on that strategy.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Establish, implement and maintain an opportunity and value assessment capability within WWDA. Engage in early stage assessments to determine the potential applicability and scientific feasibility of opportunities.
- Lead the organization in prioritizing external collaborations which are the most valuable. Continually recognize and capitalize on opportunities to adapt direction in light of project successes and failures and market changes.
- Manage all aspects of selected fledgling opportunities, developing the strategy and detailed milestones, measures, timelines and budgets to achieve designated value inflection points.
- Identify, negotiate and maintain critical external partnerships to deliver against key WWDA strategic objectives. This includes, partnering with key WWDA leaders to identify, develop and maintaining the appropriate relationships between internal and external scientific teams within the framework of an alliance.
- Liaise between WWDA and extended internal business partners, i.e. Finance, Business Development, Health Care Compliance & Legal by developing and maintaining effective lines of communication.
- Provide key leadership across various external research collaborations and partnerships across the WWDA organization.
- An advanced degree (MD or PhD) in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry or other health science related focus is required
- A minimum 15 years’ experience of assessing or building scientific partnerships or novel healthcare products is also required
- Experience in new product development, R&D business operations or project management is required
- The ability to develop and maintain strong strategic partnerships, both internal and external, is also required
- Experience managing research in Immunology, Oncology or Micriobiology is preferred
- Experience with multiple solution types such as: Rx, Device, Diagnostic, Digital, Nutritional or related is preferred
- Track record of execution in information management using relevant software systems is preferred.
- Ability to think and act strategically, anticipate road-blocks and map out next steps is also required.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and ability to matrix manage in a complex team environment is required
- Excellent attention to detail is also required
- People management experience is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)