Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an External Manufacturing Site Manager to be located in Clearwater, FL or Skillman, NJ. Preferred location is Clearwater, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health business develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Skin Health, Essential Heath and Self – Care.
The External Manufacturing Site Manager is responsible for achieving specific performance metrics in areas of site execution, cost, service and quality while managing all aspects of manufacturing operations within the assigned sites to include product supply logistics and distribution, capacity/planning, capabilities assessment, inventory control, purchasing, quality services, negotiations, and engineering.
Critical responsibilities include leading a cross functional J&J Consumer team to resolve product supply issues and drive results on a worldwide, regional and local basis, facilitate execution of legally binding supply agreements, support and ensure contractors’ achievement of monthly plan attainment goals, identify and deliver Cost Improvement Projects (CIPs) to lower total product cost, identify and obtain resources to solve issues and develop manufacturing strategies to improve site performance and product supply, coordinate new product launches at contract sites, and ensure customer commitments for product availability are met.
- Responsible for developing plans and implement actions to resolve quality/GMP issues, facilitate the implementation of LEAN models for strategic contract sites.
- Develop business continuity plans as a means to insure continued supply in an emergency situation, identifying qualified sources of supply and manufacturing sites based on product requirements and marketing strategies as they relate to manufacturing requirements.
- Develop supply market knowledge within key processing technologies to enable rapid benchmarking and accelerated selection of alternative contract sites.
- Conduct on-going analysis of total end-to-end costs of supply, propose and manage implementation of cost improvements, conduct analysis and develop plans that support implementation of “directed pure buy” or “pure buy” supply arrangements.
- Develop plans and implement actions to reduce lead-times and manage inventory levels at contract sites, conduct on-going capacity analysis of contract sites.
- Coordinate efficient implementation of product/process changes at contract sites, instruct contract site personnel on the Company’s vision and World Class manufacturing applications, coordinate EH&S assessments, as well as J&J Worldwide standards on labor, and address all deficiencies.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to consolidate sites to gain volume leverage and reduce complexity and resolve billing issues.
- Promote and maintain professional communication standards to those inside and outside of the organization. Interaction with suppliers is critical to this role.
- Coordination and leading root cause analysis as well as identification of alternatives / options and solutions with internal business partners as well as suppliers and contract sites.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree (MBA, MS, etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years industry related experience is required. Experience is preferred in the following areas: Supply Chain/Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Internal Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain Sourcing, and/or Supply Planning.
- Experience working with Manufacturing Operations in a GMP environment is required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with internal and external business partners to meet tactical and strategic business needs is required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading and influencing cross-functional project teams is required.
- Strong project management skills are preferred.
- Training/experience with Lean Six Sigma/Process Improvement methodologies is preferred.
- Prior experience establishing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for critical vendors is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Advanced planning systems such as ERP, MRP, and/or SAP is preferred.
This position will be based out of Clearwater, FL or Skillman, NJ and anticipates 25-35% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Vogue International LLC (6232)