Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director, External Innovation
Requisition ID: 9044180416
Janssen Global Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, External Innovation to ideally be located in Horsham, PA with options to sit in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ with the understanding that there will be regular travel between sites and to Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Director, External Innovation will be responsible for leading the overall external innovation strategy and operations for the Immunology Therapeutic Area (IMM TA). This individual will report to the Global Commercial Strategy Leader (GCSL), IMM, and will be a member of the IMM Management Board (IMB), the IMM GCSO Leadership Team, and the IMM Strategy Council.
- Partner with Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) and TA co-leaders, and the Janssen NBD team to establish and align the organization against an integrated IMM external innovation strategy, including opportunities through New Business Development, Innovation Centers, Mergers and Acquisitions, and other novel external innovation opportunities.
- With NBD team, lead in deal/offer/negotiation development and execution
- Collaborate with NBD and IMB leaders (including but not limited to DAS leads, DAS Analytics teams, Medical Affairs, Compound Development Team Leaders (CDTLs) and Market Access leaders) to develop fact-based recommendations for deal screens and prioritization.
- Work closely with Finance (including TA Finance Director, BD Finance, and IC Finance Leads) to consistently develop insightful data-driven, stage-gate-appropriate valuations for external innovation opportunities
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the IMM TA with Regional Commercial teams regarding deal strategy, prioritization, local forecasting and competitive landscape insights and data. In partnership with IMM DAS Analytics leaders, continuously ensure differentiated competitive landscape insights that impact external innovation strategy and deal decisions.
- Support the IMM GCSO Leadership Team by establishing and continuously expanding Janssen IMM Commercial connectivity to the marketplace, including building relationships with current and potential future collaboration/BD target commercial leaders.
- Will be a collaborative, strategic, results-oriented business leader with a proven track record leading value-creating initiatives in past roles, ideally with a strong track-record of delivering in-line results.
- Ability to balance long-term visionary opportunities with superb near term implementation.
- Ability to deftly lead through influence in a matrix organization is critical. Must be capable of leading high performing, multi-functional teams which include representatives at higher organizational levels and have the ability to integrate and synthesize technical, regulatory, competitive and market knowledge/insight.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience with at least seven (7) years of progressive and diverse business experience with meaningful experience in marketing/sales, business development, strategic consulting, OR analytics functions is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct team leadership experience, and will have a proven track record of delivering strong, measurable, business results is required
- Understanding of the pharmaceuticals industry, including healthcare economic dynamics and value chain/value creation is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate and influence across functions, with peers, and in senior executive forums is required
- Possess facility with core business analytics and financial valuation tools, such as (but not limited to) experience and insight in working with finance partners in the creation and assessment of asset valuation models is required
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and an enterprise mindset is required
- This position will ideally be based in Horsham, PA, with options to sit in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ with the understanding that there will be regular travel between sites and to Horsham, PA. This position will have up to 20% domestic and international travel.
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)