Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9041190703
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company is recruiting a Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology to be located in Raritan, NJ with consideration given to Titusville, NJ and Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The CVM/Neuroscience (TA) Scientist role within Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CPP) is to apply and promote Clinical Pharmacology knowledge, including pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics analyses and principles of model-based drug development in the programs across all stages of drug development ranging from New Molecular Entity (NME) declaration through Post-Marketing support, in collaboration with various stakeholders, QS-Project Matrix teams, CPP Leaders, and Pharmacometrics Leaders. With oversight, the Scientist may also function as CPP Leader on the Compound Development Teams (CDT) and execute the day-to-day operations pertaining to all aspects of clinical pharmacology for the programs they are assigned to.
You, the CVM/Neuroscience (TA) Scientist can directly impact the operational results, as they are focused on investigation and characterization of how drugs interact with biological systems or diseases so that they can be used safely and effectively, and with the appropriate pharmaceutical formulation.
• Contribute to overall compound development via application of quantitative methods to integrate knowledge of PK, PD, patient characteristics, disease states, and drug-drug interactions to optimize dose selection, dosage regimens and study designs throughout drug development. Working closely with the senior members, the Scientist will translate quantitative knowledge into strategic opportunities with key stake holders to drive development along the model-based drug development principles.
• Collaborate with CP and PM Leaders on modeling and simulation activities in drug development programs. Perform and/or liaise for modeling and simulation analysis of preclinical-clinical data, translational PK/PD data, up to first-in-human (FIH) and if applicable beyond FIH (dose/exposure-response analyses to guide dose regimen from pre-proof of concept (POC) and POC studies).
• Collaborate with CP and PM Leaders on the execution of scientifically robust and efficient clinical pharmacology strategies for NME and/or development candidates.
• Applies the understanding of (1) the impact of intra- and inter-subject variability in physiology and/or pathology, concomitant medication use, and biopharmaceutics, on pharmacokinetics (PK) and PK/pharmacodynamics (PD), and (2) requirements for the clinical pharmacology regulatory submission packages and submission processes.
• Carries out functional responsibilities in accordance to applicable SOPs, regulatory requirements and Johnson & Johnson Credo principles.
• A PhD or equivalent degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or relevant Biological Sciences OR an M.S. or PharmD degree or equivalent, with a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience is required.
• Understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD, and Translational Medicine is required.
• Ability to interpret PK and PK/PD results and prepare presentations to illustrate findings accurately is required.
• Understanding of overall process of drug development and the overall pharmaceutical R&D process is preferred.
• Has established a level of expertise and scientific reputation through publications and/or presentations is preferred.
• Drug development experience and the ability to handle contributions to multiple clinical pharmacology programs, simultaneously is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of model-based drug development (MBDD), biostatistics principles and modelling tools (e.g., Gastroplus, Simcyp, Winnonlin, NONMEM) and demonstrated ability to apply these tools to enable rational and efficient drug development is preferred.
• Working knowledge of clinical and regulatory landscape, disease processes and mechanisms, available treatment paradigms, and patient populations within assigned Therapeutic Area(s) is preferred.
This position is located in Raritan, NJ with consideration given to Titusville, NJ and Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)