Johnson & Johnson Careers
DIRECTOR MEDICAL AFFAIRS
São Paulo, Brazil
Requisition ID: 9032181102
Director Medical Affairs & Scientific Engagement LATAM and Global Feminine Care
Directs the operational function in medical affairs. Oversees the design and implementation plans of medical affairs program. Ensures medical affair's objectives are aligned with the goals and mission of the company. Reviews and approves educational, promotional and reporting materials for use by internal stakeholders. Strategizes and prioritizes publication proposals. Serve as the project champion to insure timeline adherence and project completion. Develops and provides input to research protocols for specific projects promoting company message and value. Directs implements plans for clinical trials, including protocol, staffing and budgeting as it relates to strategic initiatives. Develops policies and procedures for development. Executes plans for continuous improvement to create an environment in Medical Affairs that encourages and recognizes creativity, innovation, teamwork, risk taking and empowerment that fosters new product development. Directs budget management, contract negotiation and oversight of vendor activities. Implements the company's drug surveillance/product safety program which includes following up on adverse reaction reports. Provides solutions surrounding legal liability and compliance with government. Ensures collaborative working relationship between Medical Affairs and internal stakeholders to deliver timely and expert support to product development. Has direct responsibility to cover medical aspects support for the Global Feminine care franchise. Learns and becomes the SME medical leader supporting this Franchise
Responsible for overall direction and leadership of the medical science liaison team. Develops and manages long term relationships with identified opinion leaders and thought leaders to achieve scientific, educational and business goals. Ensures accountability in operational protocol of medical. Collaborates with other relevant groups to deliver effective educational workshops, seminars and programs for physicians, pharmacists and scientists. Approves medical science liaison budgetary plan and establishes expenditure forecasts. Collaborates with key thought leaders, medical groups, government agencies and health systems to establish product awareness. Involves in health economic submissions to ensure correct medical positioning of products. Establishes performance management initiatives and metrics to ensure professional development of medical science liaisons. Identifies and assesses new approaches to the clinical field organizational model and resource utilization to better meet the needs of partners and customers. Ensures that medical information and material is current and readily available. Develops and leads a high performing team, monitors, analyzes and improves group performance. Provides expertise and coaching to team members.
This is a challenging role and one that requires an equal balance of technical skills and experience with effective leadership competencies. Therefore the ideal candidate should possess:
• Medical Degree, MD
• Have worked in a blue chip organization(s) and have had excellent medical affairs/clinical research training with experience in key therapeutic areas
• Can demonstrate the leadership of a team, and where development and mentoring has taken place.
• Have contributed to or defined a medical affairs/scientific engagement strategy
• Operated at a sufficiently senior level in a regional role so that he/she is called on for advice/guidance and be able to operate independently with confidence
• Able to thrive in a changing or high degree of ambiguity where the road map for results may not be determined or is evolving
• Have experience of change management and understand the impact on others
• Able to multi task- and effectively operate under a somewhat pressurized environment and coach and guide others how to work accordingly
• Have a broad understand of GCP and regulatory requirements, have a passion for quality & compliance and process excellence.
• Be an exceptional communicator, able to represent the organization with authority and competence with a broad range of external stakeholders including health authorities, professional and consumer organizations
• Able to challenge the status quo when needed
- Medical degree
- Broad experience in the pharmaceutical industry (10+ years) including medical affairs, scientific affairs and clinical research
- Excellent communication skills, including spoken and written English
- Ability to understand the business context and environment and experience working closely with commercial business partners and stakeholders
- Experience working in the Consumer Healthcare OTC environment would be a plus
- Previous experience in medical/clinical leadership roles at the Medical Director level with experience of serving on a regional leadership team
The hiring manager have the option to only interview applicants who may have essential and desirable experience.
Brazil-São Paulo-São Paulo-AVENIDA PRESIDENTE JUSCELINO KUBITSCHECK, 2041
J&J do Brasil Indústria e Comércio de Produtos para Saúde Ltda. (7600)