Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Compound Development Team Leader – Tremfya
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9030190703
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Compound Development Team Leader - Tremfya to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Compound Development Team Leader (CDTL) is responsible for development and execution of the global compound strategy for significant lifecycle management activities for TREMFYA® (guselkumab), a commercialized asset in the Immunology Therapeutic Area.
In alignment with R&D and commercial strategies to address the unmet needs of patients suffering from immune mediated diseases, the CDTL is accountable for specific TREMFYA lifecycle programs that could include Phase 1-3 and post marketing clinical trials related to the compound development program. The CDTL leads the team to deliver lifecycle programs in a timely and cost-effective manner and is responsible for the execution of the compound strategy for several new indications. Team leadership via matrix interactions includes individuals from TA strategy, global regulatory affairs, project management, finance, legal, quality assurance, quality monitoring & compliance, clinical supplies unit, drug discovery, early clinical development, strategic marketing, CM&C, preclinical department and other scientific and business-related disciplines.
• Lead and drive the delivery of several lifecycle programs for TREMFYA to meet the target product profile/quality standards, obtain regulatory approval, demonstrate value and achieve target reimbursement for assigned indications
• Lead and drive the development and optimization of assigned TREMFYA lifecycle activities in order to maximize the full potential of the asset
• Lead a multifunctional CDT team to drive compound success, enable effective strategy planning and decision making, and achieve governance strategic alignment with senior leaders
• Ensure effective planning to secure resources that the CDT needs to achieve its goals & objectives, and proactively anticipate and address strategic and operational needs and challenges to resolve critical risks and communicate to all stakeholders
• Ensure robust and strategically aligned publications of clinical trial, IIS and RWE study results globally
• Champion assigned lifecycle programs at all levels of J&J while bringing the portfolio perspective to the CDT
• Contribute to CDT members development via feedback, coaching and talent development
• Contribute to the Pathway Area Stronghold scientific and commercial knowledge
A doctoral degree in the life sciences, chemistry, medicine, Pharm D or MBA with bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in life sciences.
Required Years of Related Experience:
10+ years industry experience and leading cross functional teams. Additional education and significant industry experience in drug development is desirable, especially in late stage development. Commercial & market access experience and acumen preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)