Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting a Data Management Engineer, Technical Lead, in Janssen BioTherapeutics (JBio) located primarily in Spring House, PA. but consideration to Titusville or Raritan, NJ is also available.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen’s BioTherapuetics (JBIO) is a member of the larger Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS) organization within Janssen Research and Development. As the therapeutic biologics organization within Janssen Research & Development, we are leaders in developing biologic solutions for the treatment of challenging and complex diseases, and we aspire to translate scientific discoveries into transformational medicines that will make significant contributions to human health. Through our entrepreneurial culture of innovation, we take unique approaches to exploring and developing new therapeutic platforms to treat unmet medical needs. Please visit www.janssen.com/biotherapeutics for more information.
The JBIO team is searching for a Data Management Engineer, Technical Lead to support our data science efforts by leading data acquisition, integration, harmonization and management activities across the functional groups within Biologics Discovery, encompassing a variety of data sources including internal datasets and systems, data generated by external partners, and data in the public domain. The Data Engineer will be responsible for leading our data curation and management efforts across JBio in close collaboration with the centralized data science platform and IT teams. The Data Management Engineer, Technical Lead will join an agile, highly skilled and motivated team of computer scientists, computational biologists, data scientists, and data analysts focused on accelerating biological drug discovery and development for the betterment of human health.
- Develop and implement data acquisition, integration, harmonization and management capabilities, integrating various data systems to enable downstream analytics.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help define technical and business requirements and ensure seamless data integration and management, data persistence across operational and analytical data layers, and data veracity.
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness while producing high quality data management solutions with scalable data services to address business needs across the organization.
- Develop and evolve microservices/APIs for data ingestion, data transformation, persistence and access.
- Effectively collaborate with data consumers to continuously improve data management processes.
- Programmatic implementation, validation and maintenance of established secondary analysis workflows with expected functionality in agile delivery cycles.
- Critically evaluate and implement new tools and technologies to build high performance and scalable solutions.
- Support and contribute to creation of relevant documentation, knowledge exchange sessions with various partners to articulate the solution design and implementation roadmaps.
- Actively communicate plans and updates to colleagues and partners.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing technologies and platforms including SQL, NoSQL, Graph DBs and the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Kudu, Solr).
- Experience building solutions for processing unstructured data such as notes, imaging data, and genomic data.
- Experience working with cloud technologies in a multi-cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Proven experience building and supporting data engineering, data service-based platforms in direct support of business functions.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, with the ability to engage with and follow-up with partners and solicit information and feedback as required.
- Experience around REST APIs, services, and API authentication schemes
- Proficient programming experience in R and Python with prior Apache Beam/Spark experience.
- Knowledge of modern CI/CD, TDD, Frequent Release Technologies and Processes (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)