Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Distribution Clerk (Multiple Shifts) (Multiple Openings)
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 9023180417
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for Distribution Clerks for 2nd and 3rd Shifts, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This position is responsible for the tactical execution of activities common to a distribution center including but not limited to shipping, order picking, machine operation, regulatory compliance, quality compliance, general housekeeping, inventory accuracy, and site safety compliance. In addition, this position identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, and productivity as well as the execution of these improvements. This is a position governed by a bargaining unit contract.
- Processing orders within the PRMS ERP system
- Picking orders from automated equipment or static racking
- Packing outbound shipments with appropriate technics and controls
- Shipping packages through couriers/parcel carriers/LTL carriers/dedicated carriers
- Inventory management and movement
- Movement of inventory to shelving location, both physically and systemically
- Unload/load trucks and company vehicles to relocate materials as required
- Build and breakdown inventory racking as needed
- Certified to operate powered industrial vehicles including and not limited to forklifts, order pickers, and company owned vehicles
- Use of standard equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, pick carts, carousel units, scales, conveyor system, scanners, computer terminals, and automated systems
- Take part in housekeeping, 5’s activities, operator asset care and continuous improvement initiatives
- Adherence to regulatory and quality standards is the responsibility of each individual. These standards include those prescribed by the associated governing bodies worldwide as well as internal standards set forth by management
- Comply with all PPE, safety, and environmental standards defined as necessary by site management or government entities
- Train and instruct others within the classification as required
- A minimum of a High School education or equivalent is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a warehousing or manufacturing environment is required.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and apply processes and required procedures to successfully complete job tasks.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to use and operate computer systems (Microsoft Office), handheld technology, and automated equipment.
- This job requires physical/auditory & visual demands such as walking, standing and carrying boxes. Must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds on a regular basis.
- This position is subject to shift bumps. The selected candidate must be able and willing to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
- The traveling time for this role is 10%.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Materials Management & Distribution