Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Manufacturing Process Development Engineer, Medical Device (Life Cycle/Sustaining)
Requisition ID: 9021190703
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Process Development Engineer, Medical Device (Life Cycle/Sustaining) located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute multiple Life Cycle/Sustaining projects across multiple specialties and procedures
- Lead Life Cycle/Sustaining project portfolio for your assigned products to ensure a consistent quality supply of products is always available for the customer
- You will work with partner groups to gain alignment and support to achieve key milestones for component development and process improvement projects
- Partner with team to develop high-quality manufacturing processes at component suppliers and assembly plant
- Use appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies and process validation
- Problem solve manufacturing issues
- Seek opportunities to improve current manufacturing processes: improve quality, increase capacity, reduce scrap, and reduce costs
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent, required
- A minimum of (7) years of work experience in manufacturing process development, required
- Experience working in a regulated environment, required
- Experience in Project Management and Manufacturing required
- Experience with Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt, preferred
- Experience in the medical device industry including Risk Management is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, highly preferred
Key Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Social / communication skills
- Organizational / planning skills
- Analytic problem solving
- Process validation, capability and stability analysis, process control, design of experiments, and process improvement
- Experience with metals and plastics component process development, assembly process development, design for manufacturing / design for assembly
- Engineering drawing interpretation (GD&T)
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Financial analysis
- This position is located in Cincinnati and may require 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)