Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Junior Design Strategist, IXS - Johnson & Johnson Design
Requisition ID: 9021180419
J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Junior Design Strategist to be located in New York, NY. As the internal design studio for Johnson & Johnson, J&J Design works globally across all of the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device and Corporate. In collaboration with business partners, we apply design thinking to drive transformational innovation. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to profoundly change the trajectory of human health. Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will work as a junior strategist on project teams at the forefront of creating new, care-centered experiences across all of J&J’s business sectors. You will work on project teams that are driving design-led innovation initiatives most of the time, and will contribute to teams through delivering research, insight, framing, concept development and prototyping. You will have plenty of opportunities for making purpose-driven impact with design thinking and design doing, and will learn a great deal from a Studio of accomplished designers and strategists. For someone with a can-do attitude, the growth potential in this role is enormous. You will lead by example and in accordance with our Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Conducting primary, secondary, and analogous research
- Facilitating scoping, planning, and set-up of field research
- Contributing to insight development, problem- and solution-framing and idea generation
- Helping to activate insights and ideas within our multi-disciplinary teams
- Designing and delivering project artifacts, including: screeners, discussion guides, insight presentations, frameworks, workshop materials, concept visualizations and prototypes
- Visualizing, prototyping and presenting frameworks, insights, concepts and preferred experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field is required
- A minimum of 1 year of design-related experience is required
- A portfolio of human-centered design projects
- Strong visual, written, and oral communication skills to execute project briefs
- Ability to inspire design teams, generate insights and conduct synthesis that can inspire design teams
- Ability to drive results with initiative, collaboration, resourcefulness, and smart project planning
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong candidates will demonstrate excellence in any one (or a combination) of the following skills:
- Novel, experimental design research / insight-gathering methodologies
- Synthesis / Workshop design / Facilitation
- Business modeling / business strategy
- Data Science
- This position is based in New York, New York.
- Portfolio link must be included on each resume to be considered.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)