Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, New Product Development - Energy
Requisition ID: 9020180808
ETHICON's Global Energy business, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, New Product Development – Energy. The position will be based in the Ethicon headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Travel up to 35% is required.
ETHICON Energy starts with the end in mind, to help patients heal faster. We take great pride in our role helping to advance surgery and improve patient outcomes over the past 20+ years. Our energy-based solutions are grounded in the science of tissue management and globally driven clinical insights. We train, we educate, we partner, and we learn. And we are inspired by our vision: to help our customers help their patients heal faster.
ETHICON Energy is a worldwide leader in the dynamic high growth energy marketplace and is positioned for sustained growth with its broad portfolio of innovative products and a deep pipeline of advanced technologies. Our diverse suite of ultrasonic, advanced bipolar and core energy devices are used to cut, seal and dissect tissue and vessels in open and laparoscopic surgical procedures. ETHICON’s Energy portfolio consists of market leading HARMONIC® ultrasonic devices that have less impact on tissue for a greater impact on healing, the rapidly growing ENSEAL® advanced bipolar devices that assure superior tissue sealing and enhance surgical efficiency and our Megadyne platform that advance safe and reliable core energy.
The Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, New Product Development – Energy is responsible for developing growth strategies for critical procedure areas across product lines within the largest portfolio in our Energy platform. The Marketing Manager will develop and deliver marketing plans for multiple pipeline projects to drive growth and jointly lead the new product development process for those projects. Responsibilities will also include developing and launching new products and platforms with significant strategic and business impact.
- Develop comprehensive pipeline growth strategies for our energy portfolio for critical market segments that span multiple procedures/specialties and/or multiple product lines that provide Ethicon with a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop and launch new innovative energy products and/or platforms that are significant drivers of business unit growth with global scope and impact.
- Develop a multi-generational product plan and provide strategic direction on new product development investments for future pipeline and lifecycle engineering projects.
- Create and execute sales campaigns focused on high volume procedures to grow the sales of our laparoscopic core energy business, including but not limited to the creation of new claims, collateral, assessment of the business impact, targeting and positioning.
- Develop global market insights to drive new product concepts and marketing strategies.
- Create relationships with global key opinion leaders in support of our innovation strategy.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and plans (positioning, targeting, product, place, price and promotion) to achieve specific marketing objectives and outcomes.
- Forecast market opportunities and participate in the development of demand forecasts for new product innovations.
- Develop target product profile and claims strategy for pipeline projects.
- Drive alignment with cross functional business partners to deliver strategy and business plans for assigned products, procedures or platforms.
- Lead and influence large cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive business experience is required.
- A minimum of two years of marketing experience is required.
- Experience managing cross functional teams and strategic initiatives is required.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills are required.
- Strong strategic and analytic skills required.
- Ability to develop customer relationships is required.
- Proven ability to work in a global matrix organization is preferred.
- This position may require up to 35% travel, domestic and international, potentially more during launch activities.
- MS/MBA or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Medical device marketing and/or sales experience is preferred.
- Previous regional marketing and Global Strategic Marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management is preferred.
- Experience with supply chain, global brand management, and launching new products is preferred.
- Experience identifying customer insights and translating insights into new product concepts is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency building and executing marketing strategy preferred.
- Experience with Launch Excellence principles is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of increased marketing responsibility within the same company is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)