Johnson & Johnson Careers
Ethicon Sales Training Representative College Hire 2019 (January Class)
Requisition ID: 9018180808
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon US, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Sales Training Representatives to be located in Cincinnati, Ohio or Somerville, New Jersey. This STR Program starts January 2019.
Ethicon US, LLC , a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at www.ethicon.com, or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
Ethicon Sales Training Representative (STR) Program is a 14-month program designed to provide the necessary development for a career in the competitive and rewarding medical device industry. During your time in headquarters, you will have the opportunity to learn from the best sales representatives in the field as well as build connections across multiple sectors in the Ethicon office. When successfully completed, the STR Program leads to an Associate Sales Representative (ASR) role and subsequent leadership responsibility within Johnson & Johnson. The STR Program is focused on building the skills necessary to drive business growth through learning and executing training programs (live and virtual) through blended learning.
Additionally, as a member of the Commercial Education team, the STR will provide support and expertise through field training, account conversions, engagement with key customers at professional education events, as well as support other ongoing customer engagement activities.
The STR will learn to provide education and training regarding Ethicon's key platforms including wound closure, endo-mechanical, energy, and biosurgery. The STR will quickly become an extension of the collaborative Field Sales Organization. Pivotal to success will be the ability to develop the clinical and business acumen necessary to meet the needs of our customers and Field Sales Organization training needs, while exceeding business objectives.
After the initial 14-month development program period, and with demonstrated proficiency to work within the STR role, the STR must relocate (with company relocation assistance) to the hiring region for the transition to the Associate Sales Representative role. As an ASR, you will be required to be aligned for up to 12 additional months and begin to support customers by working with and under the guidance of the local sales team. Following successful completion of the ASR role, promotion to Sales Representative may include an additional relocation within the region.
· A minimum of a Bachelors or Masters Degree attained from an accredited university/college between January 2018 and December 2018 is required.
· Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 based upon 4.0 scale is required.
· Ability to start work on a full-time basis by January 2019 is required.
· Sales, Engineering, Life Science or Business academic major is preferred.
· Completion of school-sponsored selling skills program is preferred.
· Experience in retail or other sales environment is preferred.
· Strong track record of academic and other successes is preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are preferred.
· By the start of the STR Program, relocation to the designated home office in Somerville, New Jersey or Cincinnati, Ohio is required.
· STR will be hired for a specific company sales region and relocation to that pre-identified sales region after completion of the STR Program is required.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the United States for multiple weeks at a time is required.
· A valid driver's license issued in the United States and must successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of your driving record history.
· Willingness and ability to relocate geographically within the United States is required.
· Legal authorization to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future is required.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident, Temporary Resident under IRCA, Asylee, or Refugee is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)