Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Early Development Portfolio Leader – Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Requisition ID: 9014180808
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Early Development Portfolio Leader (EDPL) position directs Inflammatory Bowel Disease Area focused early compound development activities and provides strategic direction to multiple Early Compound Development Teams (CDT). The EDPL plays the key role in managing the cross-functional matrix allowing for successful implementation and alignment of strategies for each assigned compound. Further, the EDPL champions the product at all levels of J&J and is responsible for managing the alignment on communication on all CDT matters, as appropriate. This position also manages external alliances, leading co-development or licensing partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for managing multiple ED compounds aligned to IBD specific indications.
- Leading the development and maintenance of the ED compound development strategy for multiple programs within the IBD Disease Area.
- Leading strategic alliances as required to ensure value creation and optimal alliance performance.
- Presenting strategic issues and phase transition proposals at governance boards.
- Managing the complexity of internal/external development activities and proactively identifying issues and risks while leading contingency planning at early stages of development.
- Leading decision-making by the CDT, including the potential of making final decisions when full consensus cannot be reached.
- Identifying potential issues and leading contingency planning and problem-solving by applying appropriate analytical tools and techniques.
- Planning effectively to ensure CDT’s have the resources to achieve their goals.
- Developing and actively contributing to compound strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise.
- Mentoring and coaching assigned team members to lead sub-teams and other IBD Early Development Programs as required.
- Playing an active role as a member of the IBD DAS to help lead devise strategies for the key activities across the IBD Early Portfolio.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D., M.D., MBA) with at least 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required
- Experience in a leadership role as part of a research-driven pharmaceutical company is required
- Experience in cross-functional team leadership, including strategy development and driving tactical delivery of programs
- Experience with clinical development in IBD is preferred
- Alliance management experience is preferred
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence with clear reporting authority are required
- Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills are required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research non-MD