Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Insights and Experience Strategy- Johnson & Johnson Design
Requisition ID: 9014180417
Who we are:
J&J Design is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable holistic solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Devices, J&J Corporate and for J&J employees. J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Insights and Experience Strategy to be located in New York, NY.
Solving problems for people everywhere is an integral part of our culture at Johnson & Johnson. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we use Design Thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
Our Insights and Experience Strategy (IXS) team is responsible for introducing differentiated, design related methodologies into the organization that enable new ways of working, while also delivering innovation projects that make impact. IXS additionally develops new brand and communication strategies from an experiential foundation. Through Experience Design, we also design new business models and value exchange.
This position will focus on strategy, participatory design and design research methods in healthcare and wellbeing. You must be comfortable with the following: ambiguity, leading teams in synthesis activities, conceptualizing future states, providing strategic direction for designing compelling solutions that answer business requirements and, most importantly, the needs of consumers, patients, customers, health care providers and their beneficiaries. You will embody care-centered design leadership while effectively working with cross-functional partners and manage diverse teams to ensure timely delivery.
- Partner in scoping design strategy and design research engagements to address a business need
- Lead, guide, and mentor team members in strategy, research, and innovation practices, representing care-centered design in global strategy development and in enabling the translation of strategy into new services, solutions, and products
- Planning and executing participatory research to engage various stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem (patients, caregivers, providers, healthcare systems), including scoping studies with external vendors, developing screeners, and designing discussion guides and probe exercises
- Lead synthesis of research and develop engaging insights, narratives, strategic frameworks that guide design intent along with creating meaningful user profiles and archetypes to convey context, relationship, experiences and unmet needs
- Collaborating cross-functionally to align business needs and solutions across research and development, commercial marketing, and supply chain within our healthcare businesses
- Monitor key external design and industry trends to influence internal quality of solutions and help shape thought leadership in the organization and industry
- Contributing to initiatives that strengthen our design studio and company culture
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A Master’s in Behavioral Science or Design Research preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience in human-centered design research, strategy, business or consulting is required.
- Subject matter expertise in design, research, health and systems thinking
- Strong facilitation skills required to engage a variety of stakeholders along the design process to build capacity in individuals, organizations and systems
- Ability to develop insight and envision desirable, and facilitating the translation into implementable tactic
- Experience developing and applying insights to regulated product development processes
- Proven results in developing clear and engaging communications, with proficiency and knowledge in design-related software such as Adobe CSS, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven results managing multi-disciplinary design teams is required
- Ability to work independently with intelligent initiative, collaborate easily and productively with teams
- Confident qualitative research background with exposure to quantitative methodologies (participatory design and co-creation, ethnography, in-depth interviewing, segmentation, survey design, computer-based studies, and brand research)
- The role is located in New York, NY and may require domestic and international travel, a minimum of 25%.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)