Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Associate Scientist, Mammalian Cell Culture / Bioreactor Processing
Requisition ID: 8991180415
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Senior Associate Scientist, to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will perform process development for the Cell Culture antibody processes within the API-Large Molecule group. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale. This will include:
- Laboratory and occasional pilot-scale scale bioreactors
- Design and execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate ranges of (critical) process parameters for cell culture, to optimize growth and product production
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners
- Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry with at least 9 years of relevant experience OR MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry with at least 5 years of relevant experience is required
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in Mammalian Cell Culture, bioreactors, bioreactor parameter control and bioreactor data analysis are required
- Exposure to analytical method development for in-process methods is preferred
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols is required
- Data reporting, ability to present findings to management with a handle on the bigger picture, and experience with team-based collaborations is a must
- Occasional weekend work is required as well as occasional work at our second PA facility in Springhouse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)