Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is currently recruiting for 1st or 2nd shift Parts Fabricator Tech 1.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Under limited supervision and according to prescribed procedures, responsible for operating machinery to produce and repair parts, tools and equipment using sketches, prints or instructions manuals. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
The Parts Fabricator Tech 1 will be responsible for:
• Reading, interpret and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
• Work within engineering safety guidelines, checking with engineering on material and operation acceptability of all parts used inside classified hazardous areas.
• Maintain general housekeeping within the department, keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Be capable of machining to tolerances of at least +/- 0.005”
• Work from simple sketches, verbal instructions, and can fabricate similar or modified parts utilizing existing sample parts for patterns.
• Understands blueprints for the purpose of fabrication of and/or repair of simple machine components.
• With direction, lays out work for machining and fitting.
• Possesses a good knowledge of shop math.
• Uses proper tools in the process of making finished parts.
• Knowledgeable of and can use the machinist handbook.
• Performs necessary bench work using proper tools and works to specified tolerances.
• Assists other machinist in performing jobs requiring assistance in lifting, handling, component disassembly, etc.
• Avoid waste of raw materials in doing work.
• Willing and able to obtain Yellow Belt training/certification.
• Attend and successfully completes required training as well as keeping abreast of changes in process control methods and practices especially as they may apply to ETHICON, Inc.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position pays $21.85/hour and is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment. The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
Safety glasses, safety shoes/boots and a uniform allowance will be provided, including insurance benefits outlined by the company.
• A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
• The ability to operate power tools and hand tools is required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Minimum of two years of technical school, military training, or equivalent OJT (On the job training) in operating machinery to produce or repair parts, tools or equipment, along with a record of accomplishments in this field.
• Previous experience in a machine shop is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of design/drafting with ability to clearly and accurately annotate schematic diagrams.
• Standard hours are 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:30pm), Monday-Friday, but may require occasional overtime, weekends, and some holidays.
• Successful completion of WORKKEYS with a scores of (5) FIVE or higher on all ETHICON required modules GOLD Level.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)