Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 8981180806
BabyCenter, the #1 digital resource for new and expectant parents, is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to create a better experience for our users, in order to achieve our goal of improving maternal health worldwide. The senior data scientist will manage another data scientist and work within a data team that includes data engineers, architects, and database administrators in our San Francisco office.
BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 51 million moms and dads in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages.
In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support that's Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child's development. Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social programs, print publications, and public health initiatives.
BabyCenter leverages its industry-leading audience engagement to provide unparalleled insights and innovative marketing solutions to the world's top brands, retailers, and institutions. BabyCenter is also committed to improving maternal health globally and, through its Mission Motherhood™ campaign, works closely with nonprofits, NGOs, and governments to help make motherhood safer for all women.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Visit BabyCenter on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or follow @BabyCenter and @MomInsights on Twitter.
BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, or ancestry; the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities; or other legally protected status.
• Explore new datasets to understand feasibility of new use cases
• Develop proofs of concept and prototypes
• Write production code, such as in data processing pipelines and predictive services
• Manage a data science team and backlog in collaboration with product management
• Present insights and collect feedback from stakeholders
• Support A/B testing by providing guidelines and best practices
• OS X and Linux
• Python: scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, Jupyter, gensim, Apache Airflow
• AWS: EC2, S3, Redshift
• Stash, JIRA
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative fields is required.
• Ph.D is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience is required.
• Knowledge of at least one of the following: machine learning, including classification, regression, collaborative filtering recommenders, and/or NLP pipelines is required.
• End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization is required.
• Experience writing production code is required.
• Proficiency with Python is required.
• Fluency in SQL is required.
• Experience with spaCy, gensim, Apache Airflow, AWS, Docker, and Git is preferred.
United States-California-San Francisco-163 Freelon St.
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)