Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Manager, SAP Finance Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 8960180806
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an IT Manager, SAP Finance Business Analyst to join their team in Raritan, NJ.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The IT Manager, Finance Business Analyst will be working as a part of a Center of Excellence (COE) team that supports the J&J Pharma R&D SAP platform. The Janssen R&D – Finance IT organization supports the different Finance Organizations for Janssen R&D globally, as well as the Finance Organizations within Janssen Business Services (Belgium, Manilla).
In this role, you will be responsible for vision and priorities of new capabilities or enhancements to a product, platform, or feature/application. This role will work together with a team of multi-skilled and multi-grade individuals so as to meet deadlines, budgets and quality standards. You will build strong partnerships with the business at various levels of the organization and will communicate effectively with the different business partners. You will implement standard methodologies, and will seek out improvements that contribute to the development of the individual, and the team output. You will lead and inspire the team and others in the Credo and J&J business values.
The IT Manager, Finance Business Analyst will lead the effort to design solutions that meets the J&J Pharma R&D requirements. This role will understand business processes and work closely with business partners to deliver new and optimize existing IT capabilities. Therefore, the individual in this role must have a strong knowledge of the technology used to meet the business requirements.
- Responsible for planning, development and delivery for changes/projects within Pharma R&D Finance
- Building strong partnerships with business at various levels of the organization
- Business IT interface
- Understand the business’s needs and priorities from the product
- Responsible for design and documentation of proposed solution
- Responsible for correctly completing development work
- Responsible for coordination of testing and approvals
- Business requirements analysis
- Creates/Documents User stories
- Defines Acceptance criteria
- Understands Product complexity and how to prioritize business requirements
- Understands development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements
- Prepares functional specifications and partners closely with development team to build, test and implement enhancements and interfaces
- Project management
- Creates and manages project in Instantis/PMX, including project work and financials
- Reports back to the Product Owner on status of the delivery of features, functionality, and applications
- Can manage medium complex projects under tight time pressure
- Coordinate, lead, coach, motivate and inspire a Credo driven team to both deliver on agreed plans and to continuously improve, innovate and exceed.
- Manage to assure compliance and alignment to all SOX, regulatory and business requirements.
- Resolves business and technical challenges to deliver on time, cost and quality and to ensure realization of business benefits.
- Effectively communicate expectations and status to team members and partners in a timely and clear fashion.
- Delivers product enhancements based on approved business priorities. Works with business partners to prioritize demand.
- Understands business processes and goals. Defines the business value of the IT solution.
- Leads design workshops to implement best practice solution and gains a clear understanding of business requirements
- Works closely with business to define, develop, and re-engineer business processes to meet J&J Pharma R&D requirements
- Sets and manages Product, Platform to ensure that all processes are implemented as SOX compliance. Assist in the development of business solutions by writing User Stories. Collaborates with Technical team to estimate cost and duration of development. Accountable for the technical solution getting done correctly.
- Explores new technologies to drive continuous improvement to the business. Develops core capability offerings and new technologies to drive continuous improvement and business value. Collaborates with BUIT counterparts in other sectors to share technologies/ideas.
- Works with architecture to ensure the business solution is architected correctly. Collaborates with project managers to ensure Pharma R&D project management methodology Instantis/PMX) is used across all projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience combined with a minimum of 5 years relevant SAP Finance experience is required.
- Experience managing design workshops and gathering, documenting, and translating business requirements into functional User Stories and technical system specifications is required. This includes end to end design requirements, functional specifications, configuration, testing strategies, and implementation of system solution.
- Experience working across multiple levels of business and IT partners and collaborating in a global, multi-functional capacity is required; experience working closely with shared services organizations preferred.
- Ability to accept change and deliver IT solutions in a fast-changing business/IT environment is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of various technologies/technology trends and ability to apply this knowledge to existing business processes is preferred.
- Understanding of SAP functionality and ability to determine capabilities and limitations of existing SAP systems is required.
- Strong personal commitment to continuous business improvement, and effectively collaborating and managing business partner relationships is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and design skills are required.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of ECC 6, specifically SAP Finance modules (FI, AM, IM, PS) is required; knowledge of SAP MM, its integration with FI, and knowledge of P2P processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of how to reconcile financial data between systems is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with good controls and compliance standard methodologies to support Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) processes is required.
- Good knowledge of basic accounting principles, including US GAAP and International Accounting Principles, is preferred.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle (Agile preferred) & experience working in an agile environment is required.
- Experience working with Finance interfaces with different systems (functional design, documenting, and testing interfaces) is required.
- Solid ability to write test scripts and conduct unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing is required.
- Ability to resolve configuration and functional business issues across various Finance modules is required.
- Cross module knowledge and hands on experience in technical integration with external systems is required; integration skills in designing interfaces between SAP and other systems (including designing controls to reconcile and detect completeness and accuracy of the interfaces between systems) is preferred.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)